Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
“Revista CEPAL Nº 127” – abril de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Albemarle American Express Anglo American BHP Billiton China Aluminium Corporation (Chinalco) Codelco Collahuasi (joint venture of Anglo American, Glencore & Japan Collahuasi Resources, part of Mitsui & Co.) Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Grupo México MasterCard Mitsubishi Group Nyrstar Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile (SQM) Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Starwood Hotels Techint Teck Resources
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
USA: Investigation finds credit cards crucial to financing mass shootings; banks say not their responsibility to track gun purchases
Author: Andrew Ross Sorkin, The New York Times
USA: Investigation finds credit cards crucial to financing mass shootings; banks say not their responsibility to track gun purchases...
Major news organisations and business leaders withdraw from Saudi investment conference over missing journalist
On October 2, 2018, prominent Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi went missing after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi, a once royal advisor turned critic, was murdered by Saudi agents in the consultate. Khashoggi's case prompted a...
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson Peugeot (see PSA Peugeot-Citroën) PNC Financial Services Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Sodexo South32 (part of BHP Billiton) Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
Commentary: Blockchain has potential to address some challenges faced by refugees; however technological solutions alone are insufficient
Author: Emre Eren Korkmaz, University of Oxford
"Blockchain for refugees: great hopes, deep concerns," 24 January 2018...
- Related companies: MasterCard
Author: Desastre (México)
“Estas son las mejores empresas para trabajar si eres LGBT en México”, 6 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Pasos positivos
- Related companies: Accenture American Express AT&T Berkshire Hathaway Cinépolis Citibanamex (formerly Banamex, part of Citigroup) CompuCom Dow Chemical Edelman EY (Ernst & Young) Ford General Electric Google México (part of Alphabet) Herman Miller IBM JPMorgan Chase Kellogg MasterCard Nielsen PayPal (part of eBay) Pemex PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble SAP Scotiabank Sodexo TE Connectivity The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Uber Unilever