Headquarters in China
“China’s facial-recognition giant says it can crack masked faces during the coronavirus”, 18 February 2020...
- Related stories: China: Business action and alleged inaction in response to spread of Wuhan novel coronavirus 2020
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Surveillance, censorship & privacy Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Apple LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Megvii Sensetime
Hong Kong: AI firm Megvii reportedly faces additional queries from HKEx on IPO application after blacklisted by US over alleged involvement in human rights violations
Author: Bloomberg (US)
“Chinese AI Giant Megvii Faces HKEX Queries on IPO Application”, 22 November 2019...
- Related stories: USA government blacklists more Chinese tech companies due to concerns on treatment of Muslim minorities
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Alibaba.com China Mobile Citigroup Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Lenovo Megvii
USA: Tech giants distribute products and apps from blacklisted Chinese companies, according to media report
Author: Rosalind Adams and Ryan Mac, Buzzfeed News
“Amazon, Apple, And Google Are Distributing Products From Companies Building China's Surveillance State”, 4 November 2019...
USA government blacklists more Chinese tech companies due to concerns on treatment of Muslim minorities
In October 2019, the US government widened its trade blacklist to include eight Chinese technology and artificial intelligence companies due to concerns on China’s treatment of Muslim minorities....
USA govt. widens trade blacklist to include eight Chinese artificial intelligence companies due to concerns on treatment of Muslim minorities
Author: David Shepardson & Josh Horwitz, Reuters
“U.S. expands blacklist to include China's top AI startups ahead of trade talks”, 8 Oct 2019...
Author: Steve Lohr, The New York Times
"Facial recognition is accurate, if you're a white guy," 9 February 2018...