Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Commentary: A bill of data rights is needed to protect freedom of expression & privacy in the digital age
Author: Martin Tisne, MIT Technology Review
"It's time for a bill of data rights," 14 Dec 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Apple Facebook Microsoft
Commentary: Meaningful human rights of the internet need to recognize power imbalances & whose knowledge is represented online
Author: Kira Allmann & Anasuya Sengupta, OpenGlobalRights
"Beyond internet access: seeking knowledge justice online," 22 Jan 2019...
Author: Berhan Taye, Access Now
"Sudan, Bangladesh, DRC, Gabon start 2019 with major digital rights violations", 10 Jan 2019...
Author: Le Monde (France)
« Reconnaissance faciale : Amazon, Microsoft et Google sommés de ne pas vendre leur technologie aux Etats », 16 janvier 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft
Author: Mauricio Lazala & Ana Zbona, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in OXFAM Views & Voices
"Should companies act when civic freedoms are under attack?", 21 Jan 2018...
Author: Bennet Freeman, Mauricio Lazala & Michael Ineichen in World Economic Forum's Agenda
"Why businesses are nothing without strong human rights", 16 Jan 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Civil society participation Latest Legal News Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: adidas Airbnb Alphabet Apple BMW Cisco Systems Daimler Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft Nike Salesforce.com Siemens Unilever
USA: 2018 report on state of human rights details violations of labour rights, access to water & free, prior & informed consent
Author: US Human Rights Network
In the United States this year...we have seen undeniable, egregious, and unapologetic violations of human rights... Illegal and immoral attempts to encroach on American Indian lands, territories, and the resources of Indigenous Peoples have always been...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Alphabet Amazon.com Apple Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto (part of Bayer) Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Unilever Walmart Whole Foods Market YUM!
Author: Zach Lampell & Lily Liu, OpenGlobalRights
"How can AI amplify civic freedoms," 18 December 2018...