Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal)
Headquarters in Netherlands
[PDF] Corporate Engagement for Conflict Transformation: Conceptualising the Business-Peace Interface
Author: Safal Ghimire and Bishnu Raj Upreti, in Journal of Conflict Transformation & Security
So, economic actors can play both negative and positive roles in the transformation of conflicts. This paper discusses the conceptual relation between business and peace with reference to the work of three theorists...and a case study of Nepal...It...
- Related stories: Academic paper on "role of business in conflict transformation" - with a special focus on corporate engagement in Nepal
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal)
Four multinational mining companies [Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal) and Global Infrastructure Holdings (owned by Ispat, Essar)] have submitted bids to reopen the iron ore mines in the Nimba mountains of northern Liberia,...
Author: Bighneswar Sahu, Merinews.com [India]
There has been unprecedented growth of the sponge iron industry in India. On one hand, steel majors like POSCO, Mittal and domestic majors like Tata, Jindal have already routed huge investments in sponge iron...On the other hand, sponge iron units have...
Author: Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA)
...Il s’agit d’un rapport d’évaluation de sept pays ouest africains portant sur la gestion transparente, responsable, équitable et durable des ressources naturelles pour un développement efficace et efficient des pays situés dans la sous-région...Bien...
- Related stories: Afrique de l'Ouest : « Il n’est pas inévitable que les ressources naturelles soient une malédiction », selon Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA)
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcoa Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) ExxonMobil Gold Fields Golden Star Resources IamGold Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal) Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Red Back Mining Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Shell Texaco (part of Chevron) Total
Author: Christian Aid
Christian Aid has concluded that the necessary money, and more, is already available [to address poverty]– if only those who owe it would pay up. We are talking about tax. This report seeks to expose the scandal of a global taxation system that allows...
- Related stories: Christian Aid report says tax evasion by companies responsible for 1,000 deaths a day in developing countries
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Arcelor Mittal Barrick Gold Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu EY (Ernst & Young) First Quantum Minerals Glencore KPMG Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Mittal Steel (part of Arcelor Mittal) Newmont Goldcorp Paladin Energy PricewaterhouseCoopers Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Vedanta Resources Vodafone
Author: Karl Sauvant, Executive Director, Columbia Univ. Program on International Investment, in Policy Innovations [USA]
A number of countries in Latin America, Africa, Eastern Europe, and elsewhere are abrogating or renegotiating contracts with multinational enterprises (MNEs), and others are likely to follow suit... While "fairness" may well be in the eyes of the...
Author: Amnesty International Dutch Section
This document places the right to freedom from discrimination within the context of the workplace...[C]ase studies are included in Chapter 5, focusing in particular on the challenges of implementing non-discrimination policies in different settings. A...