Nationwide Building Society
Nationwide Building Society is unrelated to Nationwide Mutual Insurance.
Author: CORE, Anti-Slavery International, Unicef UK, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This particular briefing draws on CORE’s and BHRRC’s analysis of 83 slavery and human trafficking statements in February 2016, BHRRC’s October 2016 review of FTSE 100 company reports; and Ergon Associates’ research on company statements up to May 20...
- Related stories: 4 short briefings released for businesses & investors on reporting requirements under UK Modern Slavery Act
- Related in-depth areas: Modern Slavery Registry powered by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: AB InBev UK (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) ASOS British Land British Sky Broadcasting Burberry Debenhams Experian John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Legal & General Investment Management Marks & Spencer Mothercare Nando's National Grid Nationwide Building Society Nintendo Renault Vodafone Wockhardt
Author: Rupert Jones, Guardian (UK)
"Ikea adopts the living wage for UK staff in 'massive breakthrough'", 20 Jul 2015...
Author: Onrec (UK)
everywoman...welcomes the Women’s Business Council’s report launched today (Tuesday, 4 June 2012), outlining recommendations to Government aimed at increasing the role women play in business and the workplace. Karen Gill, co-founder of everywoman, says...
Author: Tom Newcombe, HR Magazine [UK]
Global management consultancy firm Accenture has been named the most 'gay-friendly' employer in Britain by lesbian, gay and bisexual charity, Stonewall's annual top 100 Workplace Equality Index 2013...Olly Benzecry, senior managing director of...
[PDF] full report: "The Banks and Society: Rebuilding Trust – social, ethical and environmental concerns"
Author: Ecumenical Council for Corporate Responsibility (ECCR)
This report discusses…issues arising as an indirect consequence of the way banks do business – such as concerns about negative environmental and human rights outcomes, corruption and developing country debt…[B]anks have a responsibility to ensure as...
- Related stories: Ecumenical Council for Corporate Responsibility publishes report on the "full range" of social responsibility concerns for financial institutions
- Related companies: Banco Santander (see Santander) Barclays Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Danske Bank HSBC Lloyds Marks & Spencer Metro Group Nationwide Building Society Northern Rock Royal Bank of Scotland Sainsbury's Santander Standard Chartered Tesco Triodos Bank
Author: Stefan Stern, Financial Times
In the UK, a campaign is under way to abolish the default retirement age of 65 and a government review on the question has been brought forward…Marcie Pitt-Catsouphes: An end to mandated retirement would enable older adults to gain more control over...
- Related companies: Nationwide Building Society
The [Workplace Equality] Index measures 20 criteria covering policy and practice—from having a non-discrimination policy promoted to all staff that includes sexual orientation to...supporting a lesbian and gay employee network group...On 17 January...
- Related stories: Top 100 British employers of lesbian, gay & bisexual staff for 2006 - top 10 include: IBM, Accenture, BT, Credit Suisse First Boston, JP Morgan
- Related companies: Accenture Aviva Barclays BT Citigroup Credit Suisse Goldman Sachs HSBC IBM J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Lehman Brothers Millivres Prowler Group Morgan Stanley Nationwide Building Society Pfizer PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble UBS
Author: Action Aid, Amnesty International, CAFOD, Christian Aid, The Corner House, Friends of the Earth, Global Witness, New Economics Foundation, Tax Justice Network, WWF
[refers to ABN Amro, Aviva, Barclays, Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole), China Development Bank, China Import Export Bank, Commerzbank, Crédit Agricole, Credit Suisse First Boston, Deutsche Bank, Espirito Santo, Goldman Sachs, Henderson Global Investors...
- Related stories: "Finance Sector Profiting from Poverty, Environmental Damage and Human Rights Abuses", says report by Amnesty Intl., Global Witness, New Economics Foundation & 7 other NGOs
- Related companies: ABN Amro Aviva Barclays Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) China Development Bank China Exim Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Goldman Sachs HSBC KBC KPMG Lloyds Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Munich Re Nationwide Building Society Natixis Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered Swiss Re