Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Nedbank was known as Nedcor until May 2005.
So. Africa: Report finds some public finance institutions failed to publicly account for their response to climate crisis, whilst banks slowly begin to respond
Investment policies of South African development finance institutions the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) and the Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) not only fall short of international social, environmental and governance standards,...
Author: Emma Rumney, Money Web (South Africa)
‘Absa to finance new coal projects under ‘extenuating’ circumstances’ 16 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
- Related companies: Absa First National Bank [So. Africa] (part of FirstRand) Nedbank Standard Bank
Author: Tracey Davies, Ground Up (South Africa)
‘Covid-19 shows us that executive pay cuts are possible’ 16 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Absa First National Bank [So. Africa] (part of FirstRand) Mr Price Nedbank (Nedcor) Old Mutual Pick n Pay Prudential Financial Sanlam Sappi Sibanye-Stillwater Standard Bank Vodacom Woolworths Group
So. Africa: Major banks pulling out of funding coal-fired plants due to environmental & social concerns
Author: Amanda Watson, The Citizen (South Africa)
‘Standard Bank joins banks not financing ‘dirty’ coal-fired power plants’ ...
South African banks fund mining projects in southern Africa that raise issues over social, environmental, human rights impacts, says new report
Southern Africa Resource Watch, in announcing its report, South African Banks Footprint in SADC Mining Projects, said:...
Nedbank evaluates mining projects against the International Finance Corporation’s (IFC) (a division of the World Bank) Performance Standards, and Equator Principles. We take an integrated and risk-based approach to managing environmental and social...
- Related stories: South African banks fund mining projects in southern Africa that raise issues over social, environmental, human rights impacts, says new report
- This is a response from the following companies: Nedbank
Author: Thomson Reuters (UK)
Thomson Reuters Launches D&I Index - Reveals Top 100 Most Diverse & Inclusive Organizations Globally...
- Related companies: 3M ABB Abbott Laboratories Abengoa Accenture Acciona Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allianz Assicurazioni Generali Avon Ayala Bank of Montreal BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BNP Paribas Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco CA Technologies Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Colgate-Palmolive CSL Daiichi Sankyo Daimler Danone Deutsche Post Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Dow Chemical DuPont EDF Eli Lilly Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Energias de Portugal (EDP) Ferrovial Fletcher Construction Foschini Gap Henkel Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Infosys ING Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Kao Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) L'Oreal LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton Macy's Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Morgan Stanley Natura Nedbank (Nedcor) Nestlé Nokia Novartis Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Qantas Airways Roche Samsung Shiseido Société Générale Telefónica Telekom Malaysia Telstra Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters UBS Unilever Xerox YUM!
Africa: Academic urges economic justice actors to fight both illegal and licit financial flows, adopt more nuanced approach
Author: Patrick Bond, University of Kwazulu Natal in Pambazuka News (Africa)
'Retreat of foreign investment from Africa means less looting', 2 Sep 2015:…[A] Zimbabwe NGO conference…was dedicated to fighting illegal capital flight from across the African continent…[Will] the region’s…economic-justice NGOs take the next step and...
- Related companies: Anglo American Barclays BHP Billiton British American Tobacco De Beers (part of Anglo American) Dimension Data FirstRand Group Investec Liberty Life Lonmin Mondi (part of Anglo American) MTN Naspers Group Nedbank Old Mutual SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sasol Standard Bank Vale Vedanta Resources Vodacom
Author: New Era (Namibia)
'Nedbank backs Women Action for Development' 25 Aug 2015: Nedbank…in partnership with Old Mutual…continues to…support…Women Action for Development (WAD)…to empower primarily rural women and men in the socio-economic and social upliftment fields…with...