Headquarters in United Kingdom
UK: Labour exploitation widespread in Leicester garment factories supplying to high-street & online retailers, reports Financial Times
Author: Sarah O’Connor, Financial Times
"Dark factories: labour exploitation in Britain’s garment industry", 17 May 2018...
Author: Belga, Sudinfo.be
L’enseigne de prêt-à-porter irlandaise Primark a publié la liste de ses plus de 1.000 fournisseurs, répartis dans 31 pays à travers le monde, se réjouit jeudi la plateforme Achact, qui vise à améliorer les conditions de travail des ouvriers du textile....
- Related stories: Primark publie les noms et des informations sur ses 1000 fournisseurs, des ONGs l'encouragent à également signer le Pacte pour la Transparence
- Related companies: adidas Asics C&A Esprit G-Star Raw Gap H&M Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer New Look Nike Patagonia Pentland Group Primark (part of Associated British Foods)
UK: Garment factories' ethical standards worse than manufacturers in China, Bangladesh & Burma, says New Look's CEO
Author: Philip Aldrich, The Times (UK)
“British factory stands ‘worse than Asia,’” 9 Aug 2017...
- Related companies: New Look
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (July 2017)
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
India: Major footwear and garment brands react to serious human rights issues in their leather supply chain and promise collective action
The report Do leather workers matter? Violating labour rights and environmental norms in India’s leather production explores labour conditions in the leather industry that are steeped into deep-rooted social inequalities in Indian society based on...
Myanmar: Report finds that garment industry initiatives have not delivered needed positive impact on labour; highlights abuses such as low wages, unpaid overtime, child labour
Author: New Look
- Related stories: Responses by garment brands to our questionnaire on the treatment of Syrian refugees in Turkish supplier factories
- This is a response from the following companies: New Look
UK: Investigation finds firms split over whether to pay new "national living wage" to workers under 25
Author: Simon Neville, Independent (UK)
Firms will only have to pay the “national living wage” to staff aged 25 or over when it starts in April. Under half of top retailers have so far promised to pay all staff the same rate for the same work, regardless of age. Simon Neville reports on the...
- Related companies: Aldi Süd Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Arcadia Group ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods B&Q (part of Kingfisher) BHS Debenhams H&M Inditex John Lewis Partnership Kingfisher Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) Lidl Marks & Spencer New Look Next Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sainsbury's Sports Direct Tesco Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)