Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Vigeo Eiris
Vigeo Eiris reviews the level of female representation at Board and Executive levels for almost 4,000 listed companies worldwide......
Labour signatories urge brands to sign onto 2018 Bangladesh Accord 100 days before current Accord ends
"100 days until current Accord ends – labour signatories urge brands to sign onto 2018 Accord", 22 February 2018...
M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, Next & Sainsbury’s among UK retailers yet to renew safety deal in Bangladesh factories
Author: Sarah Butler, The Guardian (UK)
Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Debenhams, Next and Sainsbury’s are among a group of British retailers yet to join international rivals in renewing their commitment to a factory safety deal in Bangladesh....
India: Investigation by the Guardian finds workers confined in factories supplying Hugo Boss & major UK brands
Author: Peter Bengsten, The Guardian
"Workers held captive in Indian mills supplying Hugo Boss", 4 Jan 2018...
Ukraine, Serbia & Hungary: Report by Clean Clothes Campaign details poverty wages & poor working conditions in garment factories producing for global brands; incl. co responses
The report "Europe's Sweatshops" published by Clean Clothes Campaign documents poverty wages and poor working conditions in the garment and shoe industry throughout Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. The report is presented together with new country...
- This is a non response from the following companies: Next
Customers in Istanbul reportedly found handwritten notes from Turkish workers in the pockets of in-store garments asking shoppers to back their campaign for better labour standards. The workers were employed by the manufacturer Bravo, which they say...
Turkey: Shoppers at Zara find notes from unpaid factory workers sewn into clothes; incl. company comments
Author: Sarah Young, The Independent (UK)
"Unpaid labourers are 'slipping pleas for help into Zara clothes'", 4 November 2017...
- Related stories: Turkey: Zara to establish fund for workers left unpaid following closure of outsource factory
- Related companies: Inditex Mango Next Zara (part of Inditex)
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (July 2017)
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff