Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Indonesia: Garment workers forced to resign after factory closure receive $4.5 million in unpaid severance after WRC intervention
Author: Worker Rights Consortium (WRC)
"Largest Sum Ever: WRC recovers US$4.5 Million in unpaid severance", 4 December 2019...
Author: Red de Solidaridad de la Maquila
"Compañías y Marcas: puntos de presión con compañías internacionales de confecciones", agosto de 2019...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas Amazon.com American Eagle Outfitters C&A Carhartt Carter's Columbia Sportswear Disney (see Walt Disney) Fanatics Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Gildan Activewear Guess Hanesbrands Inditex Jockey Juicy Couture (part of Authentic Brands Group) Kohl's Kontoor Brands Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Levi Strauss Lululemon Athletica Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance Nike Patagonia Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Sanmar Sears Soffe (part of Delta Apparel) Target Under Armour VF Corp Walmart
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. In 2020/2021 KnowTheChain will be becnhmarking 180 companies in three sectors. In 2019 will be publishing inves...
China: Clothes made with cotton produced by forced labour in Xinjiang is likely being sold in US, think tank says
“Clothing made by Chinese forced labor is likely being sold in the US”, 22 October 2019...
Author: Regan Ralph, The Fund for Global Human Rights, in openDemocracy
...The rising tide of hostility to human rights, often spearheaded by authoritarian governments, has swept across the globe in recent years, with devastating consequences on rights and freedoms, and the people who defend them. The international...
Author: Public Eye
"Firmencheck 2019", 19. September 2019...
- Related stories: Tailored Wages 2019: Surveys show major global clothing brands failing to deliver on living wage commitments to garment workers
- Related companies: adidas Group Albiro Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Amazon.com C&A CALIDA Group Chicorée Coop (Switzerland) Décathlon Esprit Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) G-Star Raw Gap Gucci H&M Holy Fashion Group Hugo Boss Inditex Intersport KiK Levi Strauss Lidl Mammut Sports Group Manor Maus Frères Migros Nike Nile Clothing Odlo International Otto Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf PKZ Burger-Kehl & Co. Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Remei Sherpa Outdoor Tally Weijl Tchibo Triumph International Under Armour Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Workfashion Zalando SE Zebra Fashion
Swiss clothing brands are failing to meet global standards on transparency & living wages in their global supply chains, analysis finds
"Swiss fashion brands slow to ensure living wage", 19 September 2019...
- Related companies: adidas Albiro Aldi Amazon.com C&A CALIDA Group Chicorée Coop (Switzerland) Décathlon Esprit Fast Retailing Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) G-Star Raw Gap H&M Holy Fashion Group Hugo Boss Inditex Intersport KiK Levi Strauss Lidl Mammut Sports Group Manor Maus Frères Migros Nike Nile Clothing Odlo International Otto Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf PKZ Burger-Kehl & Co. Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Remei Sherpa Outdoor Tally Weijl Tchibo Triumph International Under Armour Workfashion Zalando SE Zebra Fashion
Better Buying releases 2019 index report, based on supplier evaluations of textile companies' purchasing practices
Author: Better Buying
"Better Buying Index Report, 2019", 3 September 2019...
- Related companies: adidas AMES Australasia Bass Pro Shops Benetton Bestseller Blancheporte Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Brooks Running (Brooks Sports, Inc.) Burberry Carrefour Cato Celio Sourcing Ltd Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Debenhams Destination Maternity Edinburgh Woollen Mill Eileen Fisher Expresso Fashion Fashion Pool GmbH Frankonia Handels GmbH & Co. KG G-Star Raw Helly Hansen HEMA Hobbs Hugo Boss J.Crew John Lewis Partnership JP Boden & Co Just Brands Karen Millen Kmart Australia (part of Wesfarmers) Kroger Levi Strauss LPP Spółka Akcyjna Mammut Sports Group Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op Nike No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom O'Neill Otto Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Rapha Racing Reiss Rohan Schijvens Confectiefabriek Hilvarenbeek B.V. Seasalt Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Suitsupply Talbots Target Tesco The Iconic The White Company TJX Uber A/S Under Armour Vetta VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates WE Fashion Whistles White Stuff Wilson
Author: Hortense de Montalivet, Huffington Post
« Au G7, une trentaine de marques présentent leur "Fashion pact" de l'environnement », 26 août 2019...
- Related stories: G7 : Les entreprises s'engagent contre les inégalités et pour l'environnement
- Related companies: adidas Bestseller Burberry Capri Holdings Carrefour Chanel Ermenegildo Zegna Galeries Lafayette Gap Giorgio Armani H&M Hermes Inditex Kering Nike Nordstrom Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Stella McCartney
Nike does not directly source products from Xinjiang. We are in the process of conducting an ongoing internal review with our suppliers to assess any connection to the region....
- Related stories: China: Ethnic minorities detained in internment camps reportedly subject to forced labour in factories supplying to major apparel brands; Incl. co responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Nike