Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal
Headquarters in Japan
So. Korea: Workers forced into labour for Japanese companies during World War II launch lawsuits before statute of limitations ends
Author: Yosuke Onchi, Nikkei Asian Review (Japan)
"South Koreans ready more wartime labor suits as clock ticks", 20 Mar 2019...
So. Korea: Court orders assets forfeiture of Japanese company to enforce decision compensating WWII workers over forced labour
Author: Hyung-Jin Kim, Associated Press
"South Korea orders seizure of Japan assets over forced labor", 9 Jan. 2019...
So. Korea: Plaintiffs seek to seize assets of Japanese companies to enforce Supreme Court’s ruling compensating WWII workers for forced labour
Author: Akiko Horiyama, Mainichi (Japan)
"Move to seize assets in forced labor case in S. Korea prioritizes plaintiffs' rights", 3 Jan. 2019...
Author: Convoca Perú-OCMAL
“#JuegoDePrecios: Los esquemas oscuros de la gran minería para reducir impuestos” – 12 de diciembre de 2018...
- Related stories: Peru: Civil society analysis of tax authorities' investigations into five large mining projects highlights tax avoidance practices
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) BHP Billiton Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Doe Run (part of Renco) Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Grupo México Mitsubishi Group Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Renco Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Sumitomo Mining Co. & Buenaventura) Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Teck Resources
Author: Hyonhee Shin, Reuters
South Korea’s top court ruled on Tuesday Japan’s Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp. should compensate four South Koreans for their forced labor during World War Two, a decision that could freeze ties between the uneasy neighbors...In a landmark...
- Related stories: So. Korea's Supreme Court orders Japanese firm to compensate WWII workers in forced labour lawsuit
- Related companies: Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal
An umbrella organisations of labour unions in the manufacturing industries has published a study showing that the agreements between management and the labour unions of manjor manufacturers all allow for overtime at least up to the officialy recognise...
A South Korean court ordered...Mitsubishi Heavy Industries...to pay...$360,200...in compensation to five South Koreans for forced labour during Japan's colonial rule in the second such ruling...Mitsubishi said it would appeal the decision. [refers to...