Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Finland
« De grandes marques liées au travail forcé des Ouïghours en Chine, selon une ONG » 2 mars 2020...
- Related stories: China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces; Includes company responses
- Related companies: adidas Apple Gap Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Microsoft Nike Nokia Puma Samsung Sony Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing)
China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces; Includes company responses
In March 2020, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) published a report Uyghurs for sale: ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang, which identified 83 foreign and Chinese companies as allegedly directly or indirectly...
Author: Australian Strategic Policy Institute
[The Australian Strategic Policy Institute published a report entitled "Uyghurs for sale - ‘Re-education’, forced labour and surveillance beyond Xinjiang" in February 2020.]...
- Related stories: China: 83 major brands implicated in report on forced labour of ethnic minorities from Xinjiang assigned to factories across provinces
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Acer adidas Alstom Amazon.com Apple Asus BMW Bombardier Bosch BYD Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Carter's Changan Cisco Systems CRRC Dell Electrolux Fila Gap Geely General Electric General Motors Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Haier Hisense Co. Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HTC Huawei Technologies L.L.Bean Lacoste (part of Devanlay) Land Rover (part of Tata Group) Lenovo LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Li Ning Marks & Spencer Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Microsoft Mitsubishi Group Nike Nintendo Nokia North Face (part of VF Corp) Oppo Electronics Panasonic Polo Ralph Lauren Puma Samsung Sharp Siemens Skechers Sony TDK Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Toshiba Tsinghua Tongfang Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Volkswagen Xiaomi Zara (part of Inditex) ZTE
KnowTheChain is a resource for businesses and investors who need to understand and address forced labor risks within their supply chains. In 2020/2021 KnowTheChain will be becnhmarking 180 companies in three sectors. In 2019 will be publishing inves...
Author: Access Now
Novalpina’s Stephen Peel promised “ robust transparency ” in his March 1, 2019 letter; this latest reply from NSO Group shows that there is still a way to go to deliver on that promise. In its reply, NSO Group claims that it complies with all...
- Related stories: Access Now asks Novalpina Capital for transparency regarding NSO Group's export activities in the EU; NSO Group responds
- Related companies: Ericsson Nokia Novalpina Capital NSO Group
Author: UN Global Compact
87 major companies... are taking action to align their businesses with what scientists say is needed to limit the worst impacts of climate change. Responding to a call-to-action issued in June by a group of business, civil society and UN leaders, the...
- Related stories: Climate Week 2019: Calls for stronger commitments by govts. & companies on climate change
- Related companies: América Movil AstraZeneca Atlassian Bharti Airtel BT Burberry Co-operative Group Danone Deutsche Telekom Dexus EDP (Energias de Portugal) Electrolux Ericsson Firmenich Glovo Guess HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA International Flavors & Fragrances Intuit Klabin L'Oreal Levi Strauss Nepal Tea Development Corporation Ltd (NTDC) (Triveni Group) Nestlé Nokia Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NRG Energy Orange Reliance Industries Saint-Gobain Salesforce.com SAP Scania Schneider Electric Seventh Generation Signify Sodexo Suez Swiss Re Unilever Wipro
Author: UN Global Compact
“87 empresas principales marcan el camino hacia un futuro C 1,5 ° en la Cumbre de Acción por el Clima de la ONU”, 22 de septiembre de 2019...
- Related companies: América Movil Asics Atlassian Bharti Airtel Burberry Co-operative Group Coop Danmark Danone Deutsche Telekom Dexus EDP (Energias de Portugal) Electrolux Ericsson Firmenich Glovo IKEA International Flavors & Fragrances Intuit Klabin L'Oreal Malwee Nokia Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NRG Energy Orsted Salesforce.com Scania Schneider Electric Sodexo Suez Swiss Re Wipro
Author: Observatorio de Conflictos Mineros de América Latina- OCMAL (Latinoamérica)
“El trazo sucio de la minas, rastreado en tres continentes”- 13 de agosto de 2019...
Tanzania: Report alleges pollution, rape, killings & injuries at Acacia's subsidiary; includes company's response & RAID's rejoinder
An investigation by the Guardian and its partners in the Forbidden Stories journalism allege that violence on the community sorrounding Acacia's North Mara Gold Mine perpetrators by security agents linked to the company has been going on. It further...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group