Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)
Headquarters in Norway
Author: Container Management
Norway’s central bank has excluded Evergreen Marine from one of its two sovereign wealth funds, citing the Taiwanese company’s vessel scrapping practices as causing “serious human rights violations and severe environmental damage”......
- Related stories: Norway: Oil fund to exclude co's due to environmental & human rights risks
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry and Human Rights: Shipbreaking
- Related companies: Evergreen Group Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)
Author: Mindy Lubber, Forbes
...That’s why Ceres [Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability] and six other organizations from around the world debuted The Investor Agenda...This comprehensive agenda provides a menu of options for investors to take in four key focus areas...
- Related stories: New initiative encourages investor leadership on climate issues
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
- Related companies: Bank of America BlackRock Citigroup ExxonMobil Fidelity Investments Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) Occidental Petroleum State Street Vanguard
Author: Global Child Forum; GES International
"Investor Insights on Children’s Rights", March 2018...
Author: Investment & Pensions Europe
"Norway SWF: Governments could help realise sustainable development goals", 7 Sep 2018...
Full response sent via email...
- Related stories: Philippines: Report alleges 'opaque investments' in coal projects that are causing environmental & social harms; some investors respond
- This is a response from the following companies: Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)
Philippines: Report alleges 'opaque investments' in coal projects that are causing environmental & social harms; some investors respond
The report, "Broken Promises: The World Bank, International Investors and the Fight for Climate Justice in the Philippines," raises serious allegations concerning various companies' support of coal power plan projects in the Philippines through 'opaqu...
"Do Oil Fund investments in the Occupied Palestinian Territory violate human rights?" 24th April 2019...
Author: Carlos Tornero, Responsible Investor
"Norwegian sovereign fund exposed to human rights risks in Occupied Palestinian Territories - report",26th of April 2019...
- Related stories: Do Oil Fund investments in the Occupied Palestinian Territory violate human rights?
- Related companies: Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)
Peru: Indigenous community urges European banks to insist that companies they invest in remove Ocho Sur P from their palm oil supply chains
Author: Forest Peoples Programme
“Press Release: Indigenous Community Urges European Banks to Hold Commodities Giant to Account Over Forest Destruction in the Peruvian Amazon”, 21st August 2019...