Member of UN Global Compact
[PDF] Accelerating action against child labour: Global Report under the follow-up to the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work
Author: Director-General, International Labour Organisation, International Labour Conference 99th Session 2010
In 2006 the International Labour Organization set a visionary target – to bring to an end all the worst...
Author: Emma Wilson, Intl. Institute for Environment & Development, for The Forests Dialogue
This discussion paper explores the potential for addressing conflict in the forest sector through the use of company-led tools and mechanisms... The paper offers examples of tools and approaches that are being employed by companies and non-industry...
- Related stories: Report urges companies in forest sector to take the lead in resolving conflicts with local people
- Related in-depth areas: Peacebuilding
- Related companies: Anglo American APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Aracruz Celulose DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Forest Enterprises Australia (FEA) Great Southern Gunns Mondi (part of Anglo American) Norske Skog PricewaterhouseCoopers Sappi Stora Enso Timberlands
Author: Global Reporting Initiative, Roberts Environmental Center - Claremont McKenna College [USA]
The Global Reporting Initiative and the Roberts Environmental Center...conducted a survey of corporate human rights reporting based on information published by 100 large companies from around the world. The survey focused on evaluating the extent to...
Author: Combat Climate Change
A group of 46 leading international companies today called on governments to work together to develop a global policy framework to combat climate change...The companies...have combined in an international business initiative called Combat Climate...
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alstom Areva Bayer BP British Sky Broadcasting Centrica Citigroup CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DONG Energy Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg (EnBW) Eskom Fortum General Electric Hitachi Iberdrola Lufthansa MAN Munich Re Norske Skog NRG Energy PG&E PNM Resources RAO-UES Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) SAP SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Siemens Suez Tata Group Vattenfall Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi)
Author: Observatoire sur la Responsibilite Societale des Entreprises (ORSE)
[Full list of companies with international framework agreements, with links to full text of most of them]: Quebecor, VolkerWessels, France Telecom, National Australia Bank, Staedler, Euradius, Nampak, Royal Bam, Securitas, PSA Peugeot Citroen,...
- Related stories: 59 Intl. Framework Agreements between companies & unions - survey & recommendations by ORSE
- Related companies: Accor AngloGold Ashanti Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Arcelor Mittal Ballast Nedam BMW Bosch Carrefour Chiquita Club Med DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danone EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Euradius Faber-Castell Falck Fonterra France Telecom (now Orange) Freudenberg GEA Group H&M Hochtief IKEA Impregilo ISS Lafarge Leoni Lukoil Merloni Elettrodomestici Metro Group National Australia Bank Norske Skog OTE Portugal Telecom Prym PSA Peugeot-Citroën Quebecor RAG Rheinmetall Rhodia Royal BAM SCA Securitas Skanska SKF Stabilo Staedler Statoil Telefónica Veidekke VolkerWessels Volkswagen
[PDF] The Operation of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in a World of Corporate and Other Codes of Conduct
Author: Jane Nelson, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government
[With chapters on "The Growing Role & Importance of NGOs"; "NGOs & the Extractive Sector"; "NGO Accountability; "Strategies for Co-operative NGO-business engagment"] [Refers to Chevron, Coca-Cola, General Motors, Lafarge, Rhodia, EDF, SCA, Eni...
- Related companies: Alcoa Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Chevron Coca-Cola EDF Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Falconbridge (now part of Glencore Xstrata) Freeport-McMoRan Freudenberg General Motors Lafarge Mitsubishi Group Newmont Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Noranda (part of Falconbridge) Norske Skog Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rhodia Rio Tinto SCA Sumitomo Group Umicore WMC Resources Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)