North Face (part of VF Corp)
Headquarters in USA
Author: The Climate Group
"World’s most influential companies announce investments in cleaner, smarter energy," 20 Sept 2016...
- Related stories: Climate Week NYC: Businesses & govts. convene to discuss the transition to a low carbon future
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Bank of America Diageo General Motors HP (Hewlett-Packard) Johnson & Johnson North Face (part of VF Corp) Timberland (part of VF Corp) VF Corp Wells Fargo Wrangler (part of VF Corp)
Author: Peyton Fleming, Ceres
"Symantec, Levi Strauss & Co., Mars, Dignity Health, and Autodesk Join Dozens of Companies Supporting California’s Sweeping Climate Change Bills," 25 Aug 2015...
Author: Meg Wilcox, Ceres
Citing droughts, temperature shifts and other impacts that will make apparel production “more difficult and costly,” the CEOs of seven top global apparel companies today issued a statement calling on government leaders to reach a strong climate change...
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 100 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China.
USA: While more big corporations support climate change bills, oil industry still strongly opposes them
Author: Shane Ferro, Huffington Post (USA)
“Why Big Corporations Like Gap And eBay Are Mobilizing Against Climate Change”, 27 Aug 2015...
Author: Aspen Business Journal [USA]
As President Barack Obama unveils his budget for the coming year, 33 major U.S. companies, including the Aspen Skiing Company, signed a “climate declaration,” urging federal policymakers to take action on climate change. SkiCo joins some of the...
Author: IndustriALL Global Union
In a letter to President Ollanta Humala Tasso…brands have expressed concern that Decree 22342 governing ‘non-traditional exports’ acts to encourage and condone violations of labour rights and…poses an obstacle to the proper application of their codes...
- Related stories: 6 US textile & apparel companies urge Peruvian Govt. to repeal law that allegedly condones labour rights violations
- Related in-depth areas: Lobbying for union rights/labour standards
- Related companies: Calvin Klein (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Eastpak (part of VF Corp) Jansport (part of VF Corp.) Nautica (part of VF Corp) New Balance Nike North Face (part of VF Corp) Phillips-Van Heusen Timberland (part of VF Corp) Tommy Hilfiger (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) VF Corp Wrangler (part of VF Corp)
Author: Bob Smith, grough.co.uk
Ethical Consumer magazine says that, despite having a healthy and wholesome image the outdoor gear industry is in reality heavily dependent upon oil-based chemicals for the production of everything from tents to walking jackets, the production of...
More than two dozen of the United States' most prominent...companies sent a letter to President Obama today urging...[him] to take a leadership role when he arrives in Copenhagen...and secure a robust international climate agreement. "This agreement...
- Related stories: 28 major US companies call on Obama to lead push at Copenhagen for targeted emissions cuts & finance from rich countries
- Related companies: Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Clif Bar Dow Chemical eBay Eileen Fisher Gap Ingersoll-Rand Levi Strauss Microsoft Nike North Face (part of VF Corp) PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group Seventh Generation Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Sun Microsystems Symantec Timberland Unilever
Author: UN Global Compact
An estimated 2 million children between the ages of 11-17 harvest cotton in Uzbekistan under conditions described as forced labour...The Responsible Cotton Network has sought to influence policymakers in Uzbekistan through diplomatic channels in order...
- Related in-depth areas: Case examples Key initiatives Key initiatives & reports Positive initiatives
- Related companies: American Eagle Outfitters Bed Bath & Beyond C&A Gap J.C. Penney Jones Group Kohl's Krenholm (part of Boras Wäfveri) Levi Strauss Limited Brands Macy's Marimekko Nike Nordstrom North Face (part of VF Corp) Patagonia Target Tesco Timberland TJX Walmart Walt Disney