Author: Global Business Initiative on Human Rights (GBI)
GBI today formally announced that the Initiative's core group of members will be joined by Singapore-based electronics manufacturing services provider Flextronics and Colombian mining company Cerrejon [joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton,...
How Do You See The Idea Of Sustainability Evolving In The Coming Year, 2010? - Interview with John Elkington
Author: CSRWire interview with John Elkington, Co-Founder and Executive Chairman at Volans
...we are developing a report on the future of sustainability reporting out to 2017, working with the Global Reporting Initiative and companies like SAP, Dow Chemical and Novo Nordisk...Brokering new relationships between mainstream business and...
Author: Elizabeth Umlas, commissioned by Realizing Rights, Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact
This independent analysis, based on a review of 57 recent sustainability reports from companies representing a range of industry sectors, presents examples of encouraging trends in human rights reporting, as well as indications of key areas where...
- Related stories: 2 new reports on corporate human rights reporting (by UN Global Compact, Realizing Rights, GRI)
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Abertis Ahold Air France KLM American Airlines Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) BAE Systems Bancaja Banesto Barclays BASF Bavaria (part of SABMiller) BG Group BP British American Tobacco British Land Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Campbell Soup Cemex China Mobile Coca-Cola CVS Delhaize Dow Chemical Enbridge Ford GlaxoSmithKline H&M HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hydro-Québec Marathon Oil Migros Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nestlé Newmont Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) OMV Procter & Gamble Repsol YPF Roche Starbucks Strauss Talisman Tata Group Telefónica TNT (part of TPG) TPG United Technologies Walt Disney Waste Management Wipro
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
Following the increase in the number of CDP signatories, the standard of disclosure over the past seven years since the inception of CDP has increased dramatically... The number of Asian companies responding to CDP 2009 increasedby 39% (51 to 71) from...
- Related stories: Carbon Disclosure Project finds improved disclosure of emissions among world's largest companies - Bayer, BASF, HSBC, Wal-Mart, Chevron lead
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis ACS (Brazil-Ukraine) Adobe Systems Aetna AFLAC Ahold Air Liquide Air Products Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Altria Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power Amgen Anadarko Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Anheuser-Busch InBev ANZ Bank Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland Assicurazioni Generali AstraZeneca AT&T Aviva AXA BAE Systems Baker Hughes Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Banco Itau Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway BG Group BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boeing Bouygues BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Cardinal Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Central Japan Railway Centrica CEPSA Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Telecom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank Con Edison ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) East Japan Railway eBay EDF Edison International Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Ericsson Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx FirstEnergy Fortum FPL Group France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Fuji Photo Film Gas Natural Gazprom GDF Suez Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp Goldman Sachs Google Grupo México H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Heinz Hermès Hess Corporation Hitachi Holcim Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell Hong Kong Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hutchison Whampoa Iberdrola IBM Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Inditex Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Jardine Matheson John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kao KBC KDDI Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Lafarge Linde Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's Medtronic Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi UFJ Mitsui Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Morrisons MTN MTR Munich Re National Australia Bank National Grid Nestlé Newmont News Corporation Nexen Nike Nintendo Nippon Steel Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Norilsk Nickel Northrop Grumman Novartis Novatek Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTPC NTT Data Nucor OCBC Bank Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic Paychex PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Petrobras PetroChina Pfizer PG&E PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Resona Reynolds American Rio Tinto Roche Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi-Aventis Santander SAP Sasol Schering-Plough Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Sempra Energy Seven & i Shin-Etsu Group Siemens Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Sinopec Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Company Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Spectra Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples State Bank of India State Street Statoil Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Metal Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor SunTrust Banks Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters ThyssenKrupp Time Warner Tohoku Electric Power Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tokyo Gas Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transcanada Transocean Turkcell Tyco UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Unilever Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural) Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Verizon Vinci Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Westpac Wilmar International Woolworths Limited Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! YUM! Zurich
Author: Sofia News Agency
Bulgaria Health Minister, Evgeni Zhelev, has stated that the pharmaceutical company Novo Nordisk [part of Novo Group] has tied the government's hands regarding insulin delivery to the country. Zhelev stated that "the insulin issue is a tough problem,...
[DOC] Statement by the Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights to the Sub-Committee on Human Rights of the European Parliament
Author: John Morrison, Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR)
The Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights... express intention has been to demonstrate how the Universal Declaration of Human Rights can be integrated into business management... Our member companies are...ABB, Areva, Barclays, Ericsson, Gap Inc...
- Related companies: ABB Areva Barclays Coca-Cola Ericsson Gap General Electric Google HP (Hewlett-Packard) Microsoft Mobile Telecommunications Company National Grid Newmont Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo RWE Sanofi-Aventis Statoil Suez Thames Water (part of RWE) Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Yahoo! Zain
[PDF] Side event at United Nations Durban Review Conference - “The workplace: Addressing racial discrimination & promoting diversity” [Geneva, 22 Apr]
Author: Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Organizers: Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and Business & Human Rights Resource Centre...
HP, Lafarge, Nike, Johnson & Johnson and other leading global corporations are cutting emissions by 50 million tons
Author: World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
Many WWF Climate Savers Companies gather in Washington to demonstrate to policymakers that emission cuts and economic growth can go hand-in-hand…Some of the world’s most iconic global corporations…announced an estimated 50 million tons of voluntary...
- Related companies: Coca-Cola Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (part of FRHI Hotels & Resorts) FRHI Hotels & Resorts HP (Hewlett-Packard) Johnson & Johnson JohnsonDiversey Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Nike Nokia Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) (joint venture Nokia and Siemens) Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Polaroid Sagawa Express Sony Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval)