Headquarters in Israel & Occupied Palestinian Territories
NSO Group website not found
NSO Group spyware used against Moroccan journalist after company pledged to respect human rights; Inc. Co. comments
A new investigation led by Amnesty International revales that NSO Group, the Israeli company marketing its technology in the fight against COVID-19, contributed to a sustained campaign by the government of Morocco to spy on Moroccan journalist Omar...
In 2019, WhatsApp filed suit in California state court against NSO Group, an Israeli-based spyware firm, alleging illegal hacking. They request an injunction to block NSO Group from attempting to access its computer system, as well as damages for viol...
In May 2020, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited NSO Group to respond to allegations that it impersonated Facebook to help clients hack targets and pitched phone hacking technology to American police, as well as to an overview of past...
Author: NSO Group
NSO develops and licenses to States and State agencies technologies intended to thwart serious criminal acts... [W]e are aware that our products, as for any other company, can be misused. This is why NSO has been developing its Human Rights Program fo...
- Related stories: NSO Group allegedly impersonated Facebook to help clients hack targets; includes company response
- This is a response from the following companies: NSO Group
Cyber-intelligence companies pitch governments on spy tools to trace Covid-19, raising privacy concerns
Author: Joel Schectman, Christopher Bing, & Jack Stubbs, Reuters (UK)
"Special report: Cyber-intel firms pitch governments on spy tools to trace coronavirus," 28 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Surveillance, censorship & privacy Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Cellebrite (part of Sun Corporation) Cytrox (part of WiSpear) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Intellexa (joint venture Nexa Technologies, WiSpear, & Cytrox) Nexa Technologies (formerly AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems)/Amesys (part of Bull)) NSO Group Sun Corporation Verint Whatsapp (part of Facebook) WiSpear
USA: Israeli spyware firm NSO accuses Facebook of not following proper legal procedure in lawsuit against them for undue mass surveillance
Author: Aaron Holmes, Business Insider France
"The Israeli spyware firm accused of hacking WhatsApp is now claiming Facebook disregarded international law as the legal battle between the 2 companies heats up," 10 March 2020...
- Related stories: NSO Group lawsuit (re hacking WhatsApp users) Spyware tools of NSO Group allegedly used to spy on activists through WhatsApp security flaws
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Facebook NSO Group
UK Govt. hosts NSO Group at closed trade show following allegations of spyware technology being used to target human rights activists
The UK Home Office announced on 6 February 2020 that NSO Group would be one of 300 firms invited to exhibit their products at the three-day, closed trade show. This is following allegations against NSO Group that its technology was used to target human...
UK Govt. to host NSO Group at closed trade fair; company's spyware allegedly used to target human rights activists
Author: Solomon Hughes, Rob Evans and Stephanie Kirchgaessner, The Guardian (UK)
"UK to host spyware firm accused of aiding human rights abuses", 6 Feb 2020...
- Related stories: UK Govt. hosts NSO Group at closed trade show following allegations of spyware technology being used to target human rights activists
- Related companies: NSO Group