Och-Ziff Capital Management
Headquarters in USA
Dem. Rep. of Congo: Court papers revealed that Gertler received and distributed millions in bribes in connection to DRC mining deals, says Global Witness
Author: Global Witness
"Gertler received and distributed millions in bribes in connection to DRC mining deals, court papers allege", 10 august 2018...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
'Business unusual: Mining in the aftermath of Marikana - the human rights impacts of southern Africa’s extractive sector', Feb 2015: Mining is central to the economies of southern Africa…But there is so much more that this wealth-generating industry...
- Related stories: Calls for inclusion & engagement as So. Africa hosts Investing in Mining Indaba
- Related in-depth areas: Development and poverty - an introduction Free, prior and informed consent Health & safety in the workplace Latest news on tax avoidance Mining
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Anhui Foreign Economic Construction Arcelor Mittal Collum Coal Mining De Beers ENRC Glencore Gold Fields Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Lonmin New Reclamation Och-Ziff Capital Management Palladino Holdings Rio Tinto Vale Vedanta Resources Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)
In April 2014, Rights and Accountability in Development published a report, "Och-Ziff, Mugabe’s ‘Bagmen’ and the underpricing of African assets". The report raises concerns that transactions involving companies with assets in Zimbabwe and other...
Och-Ziff Capital Management did not respond to: Funds allegedly provided by Oz Capital Management (part of Och Ziff) & CAMEC (part of ENRC) to Zimbabwe Govt. used for campaign of violence prior to 2008 elections, according to RAID.
- Related stories: Oz Capital Management & CAMEC allegedly provided Zimbabwe Govt. with funds used for campaign of violence prior to 2008 elections
- This is a non response from the following companies: Och-Ziff Capital Management
[PDF] Sanctions, violence, pensions and Zimbabwe: A New York hedge fund, a London-traded mining company and the stealing of an election?
Author: Rights and Accountability in Development
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Och Ziff and ENRC to respond. The companies did not respond]In the 2008 election...Robert Mugabe retained the presidency of Zimbabwe after a campaign of horrific brutality...According to media...