Paltalk (part of AVM Software)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The goal of the Annual Briefing is to help a wide audience understand what has been happening in different parts of the world. First, it examines global trends in corporate legal accountability such as barriers to accessing judicial remedies;...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its second annual briefing on corporate legal accountability Strategic lawsuits against public participation increasingly used by companies to silence human rights defenders, says journalist
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Academi (formerly Blackwater) adidas African Barrick Gold (now Acacia) Alstom American Sugar Refining AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Apple Arab Bank Barrick Gold BASF Blackwater Boliden BP CACI Chevron Chiquita Compagnie Minière de l'Ogooué (COMILOG) (part of ERAMET) Daimler Danzer Dow Chemical Drummond ERAMET ExxonMobil Ford Global Horizons Google (part of Alphabet) Hudbay Minerals IBM KBR Kenya Pipeline Company Ko Kong Sugar Lonmin Microsoft Nestlé Paltalk (part of AVM Software) Qosmos Rio Tinto Riwal Shell Signal International SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer) Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining) Trafigura Beheer Vedanta Resources Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev) Vinci
The Paris prosecutor's office said on Wednesday it had launched a preliminary investigation into the U.S. National Security Agency's Prism surveillance program after French rights groups complained it was snooping on citizens' emails and phone calls.....
Human Rights First letter and Vigeo statement re tech companies and US Govt's PRISM program - and company responses / non-responses
See below for Human Rights First letter and company responses. Recent updates on this issue:...
Response by Paltalk (part of AVM Software): Human Rights First writes to tech firms named in context of US Govt. "PRISM" programme.
- Related stories: Human Rights First letter and Vigeo statement re tech companies and US Govt's PRISM program - and company responses / non-responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Paltalk (part of AVM Software)
Author: Human Rights First
In the wake of revelations that the National Security Administration obtained private user data from several technology companies, Human Rights First President and CEO Elisa Massimino sent a letter to AOL, Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Pal Talk,...
Author: Barton Gellman & Laura Poitras, Washington Post
The National Security Agency and the FBI are tapping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio and video chats, photographs, e-mails, documents, and connection logs that enable analysts to track foreign...
- Related stories: USA: Govt. programme allegedly taps into servers of 9 leading internet companies, raising serious privacy concerns; companies deny knowledge of programme
- Related companies: AOL Apple AVMSoftware Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft Paltalk (part of AVM Software) Skype (part of Microsoft) Twitter Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YouTube (part of Alphabet)