PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in China
PetroChina is the listed arm of state-owned China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC). It was created in November 1999 as part of the restructuring of CNPC.
Le Niger a désormais intégré le cercle très envié des pays producteurs et exportateurs du pétrole...le Président de la République...a procédé au lancement des activités de production de pétrole et le démarrage de la Raffinerie de Zinder...[Il] a...
- Related stories: Niger: Les autorités assurent la transparence et l'usage des revenus du pétrole pour développer le pays lors de l'inauguration d'une raffinerie construite par la CNPC
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation)
Author: Tang Hao, Associate Professor, South China Normal University in China Dialogue
...[I]n the absence of strong rule of law, China’s environmental management has taken the road of what I call “interaction without rules”...[I]nteraction without rules”... goes through three stages: first, local interest groups and local governments...
Author: Jiang Tao Shi, South China Morning Post [Hong Kong]
Authorities in Dalian...narrowly avoid[ed] a potentially disastrous chemical spill Monday, amid public panic and calls for a reassessment of risks in pushing ahead with large petrochemical projects along the Bohai Sea coast...Local officials scrambled...
- Related companies: PetroChina
Author: James Kallman & Mahdev Mohan in Forbes Indonesia
The origins of human rights compliance can be traced back to December 10, 1948, when the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) was adopted by the UN as "a common standard of achievcment for all peoples and nations."...Just as the UDHR prompted...
Author: Ethical Council
Since 2007, [the First, Second, Third & Fourth AP Funds, buffer funds in Sweden’s national pension system] have been coordinating their work on environmental and ethical issues through the joint Ethical Council. The purpose of the Council is,...
- Related stories: Sweden's buffer pension funds' Ethical Council publishes 2010 Annual Report, includes reports on dialogues with companies associated with social, environmental abuses
- Related companies: AES Alliant Techsystems BHP Billiton Bridgestone Chevron Duke Energy Elbit Systems Ferrovial Freeport-McMoRan General Dynamics Goldcorp Halliburton Hanwha L-3 Communications Lockheed Martin PetroChina Poongsan Raytheon Rio Tinto Sodexo ST Engineering (Singapore Technologies Engineering) Textron Thales Toyota Walmart
Author: Bloomberg [USA]
More than 30 people were hurt following an explosion at PetroChina's [part of China National Petroleum Corporation]...Fushun refining complex in...Liaoning province, the official Xinhua News Agency said...No deaths were reported…Mao Zefeng, PetroChina...
Author: Peter Bosshard, International Rivers [US]
Dams have impoverished tens of thousands of people and triggered serious human rights violations in Sudan. Now Chinese companies have won contracts to build three more hydropower projects in the country…[that] would displace more than 10,000 people...
Author: Xinhua [China]
An explosion at a northeast China oil refinery Wednesday injured at least 30 workers, officials have confirmed...The workers were injured by broken glass and other debris, said an official surnamed Wang at the Information Center of the Fushun...
- Related companies: PetroChina
The 40-page publication...documents how the Norwegian Pension Fund-Global (Fund) has USD $4.7 billion invested in 15 oil and gas companies from eight countries operating in Burma. The report finds these companies complicit in abuses such as forced...
- Related stories: EarthRights says Norway "complicit" in human rights abuses in Burma through its investment in oil firms operating there
- Related in-depth areas: EarthRights report on Norwegian Govt. investments in companies active in Burma - Company responses
- Related companies: Chevron CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Daewoo International (part of Posco) Essar Group GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Hyundai Group KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Kunlun Energy PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Posco PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Total Transocean