Headquarters in USA
Recent arrests under new anti-protest law spotlights risks that off-duty copy pose to pipeline opponents
Author: Alleen Brown & Will Parrish, The Intercept
Over the weekend, four opponents of the Bayou Bridge pipeline and an independent journalist covering their activities were arrested and charged under Louisiana House Bill 727, which makes trespassing on "critical infrastructure" facilities — a category...
- Related stories: USA: Advocates allege energy companies using anti-protest laws to criminalize demonstrators; inc co. comments
- Related companies: Enbridge Phillips 66 TigerSwan Transcanada
New Annual Briefing on legal accountability: Turning up the heat: Corporate legal accountability for climate change
This year's Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing explores the rising trend of climate litigation brought against companies. Turning up the heat: Corporate legal accountability for climate change examines the opportunities and challenges for ...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Center
"Informe de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial 2018" 6 de junio de 2018...
- Related companies: American Petroleum Institute Anadarko Apache Arch Coal BP Chevron Citgo Petroleum (part of PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Marathon Petroleum Occidental Petroleum Peabody Energy Phillips 66 Repsol Rio Tinto RWE Shell Statoil Suncor Total
In 2017, CHRB launched the first Corporate Human Rights Benchmark, a landmark assessment of the largest public companies in the agricultural products, apparel and extractives industries. In 2018, CHRB will be releasing the follow up benchmark and...
- Related stories: Corporate Human Rights Benchmark launches 2018 Progress Report
- Related companies: adidas AEON Ahold Delhaize Anadarko Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Associated British Foods BHP Billiton BRF Canadian Natural Resources Carrefour Chevron China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) Coca-Cola Compass Group ConocoPhillips Costco Danone Devon Energy Diageo Ecopetrol EOG Resources ExxonMobil Falabella Fast Retailing Freeport-McMoRan Gap Gazprom General Mills Glencore Goldcorp Grupo México Hanesbrands Heilan Home Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hermes Hershey Inditex Kellogg Kering Kohl's Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lukoil LVMH Macy's Marathon Petroleum Marks & Spencer McDonald's Monster Beverage Corporation Nestlé Next Nike Nordstrom Norilsk Nickel Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) PepsiCo Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Phillips 66 Prada PTT Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Ross Stores Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Sasol Shoprite Starbucks Statoil Suncor Surgutneftegas Sysco Tapestry (Formerly Coach) Target Tesco TJX Total Under Armour Unilever Vale Valero Energy VF Corp Woolworths Group YUM!
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
Author: Richmond City Attorney & Sher Edling LLP
Part I. Introduction Part II. Parties Part III. Agency Part IV. Jurisdiction and Venue Part V. Factual Background Part VI. Causes of Action Exhibit A. Timeline
- Related stories: USA: Richmond becomes 9th city in less than a year to file climate change lawsuit against fossil fuel companies
- Related companies: Anadarko Apache BP Chevron Citgo Petroleum (part of PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Occidental Chemical (part of Occidental Petroleum) Occidental Petroleum Phillips 66 Repsol Shell Total
Author: Sabrina Canfield, Courthouse News Service (USA)
Three environmental groups filed a lawsuit accusing a Louisiana pipeline company of refusing to hand over records about its claim to easements across hundreds of residents’ private properties....
- Related stories: USA: Environmental groups file several lawsuits against Louisiana pipeline including in relation to access to information
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Energy Transfer Partners Phillips 66 Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners)