Publix website: http://www.publix.com
Honduras: 6,500 workers on Fyffes’ melon plantations report ongoing labour abuses, chemical exposure & union busting; Incl. company responses
In April 2020, International Labor Rights Forum, Fair World Project, and the International Union of Food Workers published a report alleging ongoing labour rights violations faced by 6,500 workers on Fyffes’ melon plantations in Honduras since 2016....
- Related stories: Honduras: 6,500 workers on Fyffes’ melon plantations report ongoing labour abuses, chemical exposure & union busting; Incl. company responses
- This is a non response from the following companies: Publix
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Corporations increasingly vocal on social issues but still mostly lobbying for lower taxes - Oxfam America report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon)
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Thailand: Investigation finds enslaved migrants & children in shrimp processing factories supplying US & European markets
USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights
The Coalition of Immokalee Workers and its allies have long urged companies that source from Florida tomato farms to sign the Fair Food agreement, which gives workers greater protections against forced labour and other abuses, and guarantees them a...
Author: Bernice Yeung, Centre for Investigative Reporting (USA)
One of the most effective programs to curb sexual harassment and assault in the agriculture fields expands today with the inking of a national contract with Wal-Mart…Under the Fair Food Program, restaurant chains and grocery stores agree to pay a penny...
- Related stories: USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights USA: Walmart joins Fair Food Program fighting sexual harassment in farms through code of conduct & external audits
- Related companies: Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Chipotle McDonald's Publix Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Trader Joe's (part of Aldi Nord) Walmart YUM!
Author: [opinion] Holly Burkhalter, International Justice Mission, in Washington Post
Since 1997, the Justice Department has prosecuted seven cases of slavery in the Florida agricultural industry — four involving tomato harvesters — freeing more than 1,000 men and women. The...catalogue of horrors: abductions, pistol whippings,...