Headquarters in Taiwan
China: Students allegedly forced by schools to make Apple watches in factories through compulsory internships; co. says it is investigating
Author: Sherrise Pham, CNN Business
"Apple investigates report that Chinese students were forced to make its watches", 29 October 2018...
Author: Kate Hodal and Peter Bengtsen, The Guardian (UK)
“Chinese factory supplying major laptop brands accused of student labour abuses” 6 October 2017...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: China Labor Watch
In November 2012, China Labor Watch submitted materials to the UN Working Group on business and human rights, which included the report “Beyond Foxconn: Deplorable Working Conditions Characterize Apple’s Entire Supply Chain”. The report contains...
Response by Quanta Computer: China Labor Watch submission to UN Working Group on business & human rights highlights poor working conditions in 10 Apple supplier factories.
- Related stories: China Labor Watch submission to UN Working Group on business & human rights
- This is a response from the following companies: Quanta Computer
In November 2012, China Labor Watch submitted materials to the UN Working Group on business and human rights, which included the report, “Beyond Foxconn : Deplorable Working Conditions Characterize Apple’s Entire Supply Chain”. The report contains...
Author: Stanley James & Tim Culpan, Bloomberg
Foxconn Technology Group [part of Hon Hai]...improved safety conditions at its China factories after inspections by the Fair Labor Association found dozens of violations, the group said...Apple Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook...has pledged not to turn...
- Related stories: China: Fair Labor Association audits find Foxconn boosts safety, improves compliance with labour standards - Apple welcomes the progress at its key supplier
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple Cisco Systems Dell Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) HEG Electronics Hon Hai HP (Hewlett-Packard) Pegatron Quanta Computer Samsung Sony
Author: Terril Yue Jones, Reuters
Working conditions at Chinese manufacturing plants where Apple Inc's iPads and iPhones are made are far better than those at garment factories or other facilities elsewhere in the country, according to the head of…[t]he Fair Labor Association…FLA…is...
Author: Arik Hesseldahl, BusinessWeek
Dell is embarking on a broad environmental initiative under which it plans to consume less energy and use more power from renewable sources in a bid to make its operations carbon neutral by the end of 2008...[G]iven the details disclosed so far, the...
[PDF] full report: "The production of electronic components for the IT industries: Changing labour force requirements in a global economy [see in particular chapters 6 & 7]
Author: Intl. Labour Organization
[see in particular the table 7.1 on pg. 114 that indicates for the following companies whether they have a Code of Conduct, participate in Electronics Industry Code of Conduct & Global e-Sustainability Initiative, publish a social report, follow...
- Related stories: IT firms, govts. & unions agree text on working conditions at ILO meeting - text refers to intl. standards, unions say could be stronger
- Related companies: Acer Adobe Systems Apple Celestica Cisco Systems Dell Ericsson Flextronics Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Hon Hai HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Jabil Circuit Lenovo Microsoft Motorola Nokia Quanta Computer Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Sanmina-SCI Seagate Technology Siemens Solectron Sony ST Microelectronics Toshiba Xerox