Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Rabobank website: http://www.rabobank.com
Calls for major reforms to UK Modern Slavery Act & mandatory due diligence growing, Ethical Corporation reports
Author: Katherine Steiner-Dicks, Ethical Corporation
"‘We know most global companies have modern slavery in their supply chains’", 6 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: "S Group" Argos (part of Home Retail Group) ASDA (part of Walmart) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) ASOS Barry Callebaut Bavaria (part of SABMiller) Cargill Heineken Home Retail Group Homebase (part of Home Retail Group) John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Rabobank Sainsbury's SNS Reaal Tesco Tony's Chocoloney Travis Perkins Vedanta Resources Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart Wickes
List of large businesses, associations & investors with public statements & endorsements in support of human rights due diligence regulation
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Large businesses (>1 bn € turnover) and associations with public statements and endorsements in support of mandatory human rights due diligence (non-comprehensive list), last updated 18 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: "S Group" Barry Callebaut BMW Coca-Cola Finland Daimler Fazer Group Firmenich Heineken IKEA Kesko KiK Mars Mercuria Energy Migros Mondelēz International Nestlé Netherlands Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Rabobank Sampo Group Stora Enso Tchibo Trafigura Beheer Wihuri Group
Author: Facing Finance...
Range of human rights abuses by extractive companies allegedly tied to European financial institutions: companies respond to Facing Finance report
"The global extractives industry is heavily involved in some of the worst labour, environmental and human rights violations. The rights of communities, farmers and indigenous people are being trampled in the push for ever more extraction. Indeed all b...
“The report acknowledges Rabobank as a frontrunner in its policies regarding the extractive industries we appreciate that our efforts are noticed. Rabobank has a robust sustainability policy framework with thematic and sector policies both addressing...
- Related stories: Range of human rights abuses by extractive companies allegedly tied to European financial institutions: companies respond to Facing Finance report
- This is a response from the following companies: Rabobank
Author: Laura Paddison, Guardian
"HSBC triggers investigation into palm oil company over deforestation allegations", 17 July 2017...
Banks loan billions to oil firms allegedly exporting low-grade fuel high in pollutants, says briefing
A new BankTrack briefing raises questions about how banks are conducting human rights due diligence. In response to research by Swiss NGO Public Eye accusing Switzerland-based oil trading companies of selling blends of low-grade fuel high in...
Financial reporting by EU's biggest banks reveals tax avoidance, depriving poor countries of income, says Oxfam
Commentary: EU must put human rights before corporate interests & continue participating in proposed binding treaty discussions
Author: Anne Van Schaik, Friends of the Earth Europe on EurActiv
"Binding rules for business, rights for people", 28 Feb 2017...