Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters)
Headquarters in Canada
Reuters was acquired by Thomson Corporation in April 2008, forming Thomson Reuters.
Foxconn denies Reuters report on plans to resume manufacturing operations in China amid coronavirus outbreak
Author: Al Jazeera
“Foxconn denies report on resuming China output as virus spreads”, 13 February 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Hon Hai Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters)
China: Financial information provider Refinitiv reportedly uses filter to block Reuters stories amid Hong Kong protests
“Refinitiv created filter to block Reuters stories amid Hong Kong protests”,...
New code of conduct aimed at better protecting freelance journalists could be improved, says Christine Bader
Author: Christine Bader, on Guardian (UK)
"Lives on the line: how to help protect freelancers in dangerous places", 26 Feb 2015...
Nigeria: Auditor-General releases PWC forensic audit report on allegations of unremitted revenue by NNPC
'Auditor General for the Federation Report on the investigative forensic audit into the allegations of unremitted funds into the federation accounts by the NNPC', 1 Feb 2015:…The Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation (AuGF) engaged...
- Related stories: Nigeria: House of Representatives investigates non-remittance of $13.9 billion by NNPC
- Related companies: Chevron Esso (part of ExxonMobil) ExxonMobil J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) JPMorgan Chase Mobil Oil (part of ExxonMobil) Nexen Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) (joint venture Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Eni, ConocoPhillips) Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) PricewaterhouseCoopers Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Shell Total
Author: R. Venugopal and Nachiket Mor, Wall Street Journal
When the "CSR strategy" of a company gets merged with its competitive strategy so as to become indistinguishable from it, it is a sign of good corporate governance taking shape. There is no more a need for CSR as a stand-alone activity...Corporate...
Author: Wall Street Journal
The latest example came Thursday, when American, European and Chinese negotiators resolved a trade tiff over financial information suppliers. The dispute started in 2006 when Xinhua, China's state-run news agency, insisted that foreigners hand over...
[see pgs. 8-10 for steps by Vodafone, Sumitomo Chemical, SAB Miller, Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters), Microsoft, Diageo, Coca-Cola, Citi to help combat poverty]
Author: Rory Sullivan, Insight Investment [UK]
In 2007, we initiated a project to assess how companies are managing their greenhouse gas emissions...In total, we assessed 125 companies, covering the FTSE100...and large cap European stocks…47 of the 125 companies have stabilised or reduced their...
- Related companies: 3i Alliance & Leicester Allianz Anglo American Antofagasta Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva AXA BAE Systems Barclays BBVA BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BNP Paribas BP British Airways British American Tobacco British Land British Sky Broadcasting BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carnival Centrica Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daily Mail and General Trust Daimler Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Drax E.ON EDF Enel Eni Enterprise Inns France Telecom (now Orange) Friends Provident GlaxoSmithKline Hammerson HBOS (part of Lloyds) Home Retail Group HSBC ICAP ICI Imperial Tobacco ING InterContinental Hotels International Power Invesco ITV Johnson Matthey Kazakhmys Kelda Kingfisher L'Oreal Land Securities Legal & General Investment Management Lloyds Lonmin Man Group Marks & Spencer Mitchells & Butlers Morrisons National Grid Nestlé Next Nokia Northern Rock Novartis Old Mutual Pearson Persimmon Prudential plc Reckitt Benckiser Reed Elsevier Group Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Rexam Rio Tinto Roche Rolls-Royce plc Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sage Sainsbury's Sanofi Santander Schroders Scottish and Southern Energy Severn Trent Shell Shire Siemens Smith & Nephew Smiths Group Société Générale Standard Chartered Standard Life Tate & Lyle Telefónica Tesco Total UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Unilever United Utilities Vedanta Resources Vodafone Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yell Group