Headquarters in Australia
Rip Curl website: http://www.ripcurl.com
Author: AAP, in Sydney Morning Herald
Thirty leading fashion companies, including Rip Curl and Laura Ashley, have been taken to court as part of a crackdown on the alleged exploitation of clothing outworkers.
- Related stories: Australia: 30 fashion companies, including Rip Curl & Laura Ashley, in court over alleged exploitation of clothing outworkers
- Related companies: Laura Ashley Rip Curl
North Korea: Rip Curl reportedly produces surf clothing in North Korean factory with exploited workers, company says factory was unauthorized
Author: Nick McKenzie and Richard Baker, Sydney Morning Herald (Australia)
"Surf clothing label Rip Curl using 'slave labour' to manufacture clothes in North Korea", 21 Feb 2016...
- Related companies: Rip Curl
Author: Amy Sinclair, Australian Lawyers for Human Rights, on Guardian (UK)
Leading civil society and business groups have independently released key reports on Australia’s compliance with international corporate human rights standards this month...[T]he Australian Human Rights Commission and Global Compact Network Australia...
- Related stories: Australia: Civil society urges govt. to develop Natl. Action Plan on business & human rights
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) Rip Curl
Australia: Ethical Fashion Report grades 130 companies based on efforts to mitigate forced labour, child labour & exploitation in supply chains
Baptist World Aid Australia has released its 2019 Ethical Fashion Report, which sheds light on what the industry and individual companies are doing to address forced labour, child labour and exploitation....