Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
USA: Environmental activists use climate change litigations to force oil companies & Govt. to cut greenhouse gas emissions
Author: Umair Irfan, Vox
"Pay attention to the growing wave of climate change lawsuits", 22 Feb 2019...
Author: Stephanie Morton, ClientEarth, on China Dialogue
"How 'attribution science' is shifting the legal landscape", 12 Dec 2018...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on natural resources Latest news on proposed binding treaty Natural Resources
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
UK: Leading employers call for updated health & safety and equalities legislation to promote mental wellbeing
Author: Maggie Baska, People Management (UK)
"Treat mental health the same as physical conditions in employment law, say business leaders", 21 Nov 2018...
Author: Cain Burdeau, Courthouse News Service (USA)
"Climate Change Litigation Turns Up the Heat on Corporations", 1 Nov 2018...
RWE lawsuit: First test case in Europe to clarify responsibilities of carbon majors for climate change
Author: Dr. Roda Verheyen, counsel in Lliuya v. RWE AG, Roxana Baldrich, Policy Advisor and Christoph Bals, Policy Director, Germanwatch, April 2018
Marion Cadier speaks with Dr. Roda Verheyen (legal counsel in Lliuya v. RWE AG), Roxana Baldrich (Policy Advisor at Germanwatch) and Christoph Bals (Policy Director at Germanwatch) about the lawsuit brought by Saul Luciano Lliuya against RWE in...
- Related stories: RWE lawsuit (re climate change)
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Climate change litigation Latest Legal News
- Related companies: RWE
Author: Rick Noack, The Washington Post
- Related stories: Netherlands: Court of Appeal rules Dutch Govt. must do more to protect climate
- Related companies: RWE