Safeway UK (part of Morrisons)
Safeway (UK) website: http://www.safeway.co.uk
Author: Marc Gunther, The Guardian (UK)
One US chocolate company is pushing industry boundaries by supporting cacao farmers through sustainable sourcing in the Democratic Republic of the Congo…Seattle-based Theo sources cacao beans from war-torn eastern Congo and pays premium prices for them...
Author: Barrie Clement, Independent
The supermarket group Wm Morrison faces legal action for sex discrimination after allegedly offering a largely female group of workers one-third of the redundancy money being paid to a workforce dominated by men...[also refers to Safeway (part of...
[refers to BASF, Bayer, Dow, DuPont, Monsanto, Syngenta, Chiquita, Dole, Archer Daniels Midland, Barry Callebaut, Cargill, Fyffes, ADM, Cargill, Zen Noh, Unilever, Nestlé, Tyson, Wal-Mart, Tesco, Asda (part of Wal-Mart), Safeway (part of Morrisons),...
- Related stories: ActionAid report says food multinationals "threaten fight against poverty" (refers to Nestlé, Unilever, Monsanto, Parmalat, Cargill, Wal-Mart, others)
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland ASDA (part of Walmart) Barry Callebaut BASF Bayer Booz Allen Hamilton British American Tobacco Cargill Carrefour Chiquita Dole Morrisons PepsiCo Safeway UK (part of Morrisons) Sainsbury's Syngenta Tesco Tyson Unilever Walmart
Author: Charlotte Mathews, Business Day [So. Africa]
Two years ago a group of UK retailers...pledged finance to help set up SA's Wine Industry Ethical Trade Association. The retailers included Coop [Co-operative Group], Tesco, Sainsbury's, Marks & Spencer, Asda [part of Wal-Mart], Safeway [part of...
Author: ISIS Asset Management
[PDF] reo® stands for Responsible Engagement Overlay. The objective of reo® is to use the influence that ISIS has through its share ownership and that of its clients to encourage investee companies to enhance their business performance by adopting...
- Related stories: Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Altria Anglo American Avon BHP Billiton British American Tobacco Chevron Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Dell Equinor (formerly Statoil) Gap General Electric Merck Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Safeway UK (part of Morrisons) Sara Lee Standard Chartered Starbucks Talisman (part of Repsol) Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Henderson Global Investors
[PDF] [refers to Safeways, Sainsbury's, Marks & Spencer, AstraZeneca, Aventis, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi Sythélabo, Alliance & Leicester, Barclays, Dexia, HSBC, Lloyds TSB, Royal Bank of Scotland, SanPaolo IMI, Standard...
- Related companies: Alliance & Leicester AstraZeneca Aventis (now part of Sanofi) Barclays BHP Billiton BP Co-operative Group Cookson Dexia Equinor (formerly Statoil) Fujitsu GlaxoSmithKline HSBC IBM Lloyds Marks & Spencer NEC Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Rabobank Rohm Royal Bank of Scotland Safeway UK (part of Morrisons) Sainsbury's Sanofi-Synthélabo (now part of Sanofi) Sanpaolo IMI (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) Smiths Group Standard Chartered UBS Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: AccountAbility, Insight Investment
[PDF] [refers to IBM, Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Tesco, El Corte Inglés, Co-operative Bank, Gap, Wal-Mart, JC Penney, Donna Karen, Ralph Lauren, Top Shop, Littlewoods, Safeway, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury's, British American Tobacco, Diageo, Cadbury...
- Related stories: Report finds many UK companies struggling to manage supply chain labour standards, but identifies sector leaders as: Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury's, BT, Cadbury Schweppes, British American Tobacco, Diageo
- Related companies: British American Tobacco BT Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Dell DFS Furniture Diageo Dixons Retail (formerly DSG International) Donna Karan El Corte Inglés Gap GUS HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Imperial Tobacco J.C. Penney JJB Sports John Lewis Partnership Kingfisher Littlewoods Marks & Spencer Matsushita (now Panasonic) Northern Foods Panasonic Polo Ralph Lauren RHM SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Safeway UK (part of Morrisons) Sainsbury's Somerfield Sony Tesco Topshop (part of Arcadia) Vodafone Waitrose (part of John Lewis Partnership) Walmart
Author: Times [UK]
Peter Southwood, of PIRC, the corporate governance consultancy, said: “This company has clear policies on community involvement, employment and the environment, as well as on ethical trading, but not human rights generally..."
- Related companies: Safeway UK (part of Morrisons)