Headquarters in United Kingdom
Schroders website: http://www.schroders.com
Global Witness report alleges EU investors help bankroll human rights & environmental abuses; incl. co responses
On 6 September 2018, Global Witness published a new briefing paper on the role that EU-based investors have played in supporting projects linked to human rights abuses, land grabs and large-scale environmental destruction. The report argues that while...
Thank you for the opportunity to comment on our holding in Soco International ahead of the upcoming publication of the weekly newsletter. ...
- Related stories: Global Witness report alleges EU investors help bankroll human rights & environmental abuses; incl. co responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Schroders
In July 2017, War on Want (WoW) published a report claiming that UK-based banks and investment companies are complicit in Israeli war crimes against Palestinians. The financial institutions cited in the report have allegedly invested in defence...
Busines & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Schroders to respond to the allegations raised by War on Want. Schroders did not respond.
- Related stories: NGO: British financial institutions complicit in Israeli war crimes
- This is a non response from the following companies: Schroders
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Group Australia
Author: Susanna Rust, International Publishers Limited (UK)
A resolution passed by the European Parliament states that pension funds should commit to divesting from fossil fuels. The relevant passage of the resolution... states that the European Parliament, "calls on governments and public and private financial...
Author: Jennifer Thompson, Financial Times
"Investors demand more information on labour practices", 2 July 2017...
200 investors urge G7 to uphold climate commitments amid concerns that US may pull out of Paris agreement
Author: Attracta Mooney, Financial Times (UK)
"200 large investors urge G7 to keep climate change promises", 8 May 2017...
UK: Rathbone Greenbank, Schroders developing investor expectations for food & beverage firms on use of sugar & health impacts
Author: Rathbone Greenbank Investments (UK)
"Sugar - an increasing risk to health and wellness", 31 Aug. 2016...
- Related companies: Schroders
The BankingFutures dialogue, facilitated by Leaders’ Quest and Meteos, explored how to rebuild a healthy UK Banking Sector...The report launched on 1st February 2016, is a response to an earlier consultation document produced by the BankingFutures...