Sean John Clothing
Headquarters in USA
Sean John Clothing website: http://www.sean-john-clothing.com
Bangladesh: IndustriALL Global Union, Clean Clothes Campaign & C&A outline compensation for Tazreen factory fire victims
Two years after the deadline factory fire at Tazreen Fashions in Bangladesh killed more than 100 people and injured more than 300 others, an agreement has been reached on how victims will be compensated. IndustriALL Global Union, the Clean Clothes...
A Bangladesh court Tuesday ordered the arrest of owners of a garment factory where 111 workers were killed last year in the country's worst such fire...The court...issued the warrants for Delwar Hossain,...Mahmuda Akter and four others over the blaze...
- Related stories: Lawsuit against Tazreen Fashions (re factory fire in Bangladesh)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: C&A Sean John Clothing Walmart
Woolworths Australia, GEBRA, Wünsche Group of Germany, became the latest brands to sign the Accord, which aims to make the garment industry safe and sustainable for years to come...The signatory brands have committed to making the changes garment...
- Related stories: ILO and Bangladesh Govt. launch major 3.5-year initiative to improve working conditions and safety in garment factories
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch African Bank Investments Limited (ABIL) Aldi Nord Aldi Süd American Eagle Outfitters Arcadia Group Auchan Bestseller C&A Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Carrefour Debenhams El Corte Inglés Esprit G-Star Raw Helly Hansen Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hess Corporation Horizonte (part of VDL Group) John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership KarstadtQuelle KiK Kmart (part of Sears) Leclerc Lidl Loblaw Companies Mango Marks & Spencer Matalan Metro Group Mothercare Sean John Clothing Sears Switcher Target Tchibo Tesco Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) United Colors of Benetton
Fashion Models Join with Bangladeshi Labor Rights Leader Calling on Nautica to Sign Fire & Building Safety Accord [Bangladesh]
Author: ILRF & USAS
Nautica was called upon today by a coalition of fashion models, U.S. labor rights organizations, and a leading Bangladeshi labor rights advocate, to join a binding agreement on fire and building safety in Bangladesh that its parent company, VF, has...
Author: Karen McVeigh, Guardian
The 75 signatories to the accord...will guarantee that in every case where unsafe conditions are found, funds will be made available for necessary safety upgrades...But only three US retailers have signed up to the plan. American firms are reportedly...
- Related stories: 2 agreements to improve safety in Bangladesh garment factories launched this week: "Accord on Fire and Building Safety" and "Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety"
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Calvin Klein (part of PVH) H&M Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies) Marks & Spencer Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sean John Clothing Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Walmart
Author: Caroline Crosdale, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
Plus de 40 entreprises, essentiellement européennes, ont adopté un plan sécurité anti incendie après l'effondrement du Rana Plaza au Bangladesh. Plusieurs grandes marques américaines, notamment WalMart et Gap, ont choisi de lancer leur propre...
- Related stories: L’ONG Peuples Solidaires salue l’accord sur la sécurité des usines au Bangladesh, mais regrette que l’indemnisation des victimes n’y figure pas
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Camaïeu (part of Cinven) Cinven Gap Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Inditex J.C. Penney Joe Fresh (part of Loblaw Companies) Loblaw Companies PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Sean John Clothing Sears Target Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Alliance to Stop Slavery and End Trafficking & CALL+RESPONSE
[The Chain store reaction project is an open letter asking companies to investigate labour abuses in their production chains. Webpage indicates how many emails sent to each company, and which are responding]. [refers to American Apparel, Audi, A...
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Adobe Systems American Apparel Audi (part of Volkswagen) Banana Republic (part of Gap) Benetton Berkshire Hathaway Bosch Burberry Calvin Klein (part of PVH) Cisco Systems Converse (part of Nike) Dell Diesel Donna Karan Eddie Bauer Fiat (part of Fiat Chrysler) Fila Ford Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Gap Genentech General Motors Giorgio Armani Gucci (part of Kering) Guess H&M Heineken Hollister (part of Abercrombie & Fitch) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hugo Boss Juniper Networks Kenneth Cole Kering (formerly PPR, Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mazda Microsoft Motorola Nike Nikon (part of Mitsubishi Group) Perry Ellis International Pierre Cardin Polo Ralph Lauren Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Quicksilver Saab Automobile (part of Swedish Automobiles) Sean John Clothing Suzuki Tommy Hilfiger (part of PVH) Victoria's Secret (part of Limited Brands) Volvo Car (part of Geely) Wrangler (part of VF Corp)