The following companies also match your search keywords:
3 contracts match your search keywordsshow
Your search returned 240 results. You are on page 1 of 24.
Tesla cobalt deal with Glencore allegedly benefits sanctioned billionaire at the center of corruption scandal in DRC
Author: Bloomberg Quint
"Sanctioned Israeli Billionaire to Gain From Elon Musk Cobalt Deal"...
Author: Nqobani Ndlovu, Pa Zimbabwe
‘Hwange, Binga villagers face eviction’ 20 July 2020...
Author: JP Casey, Mining Technology (South Africa)
‘Buffalo suspends work as nearly 5,000 South African miners contract Covid-19’ 20 July 2020...
Author: James Stent, GroundUp
"Two years after landmark silicosis settlement, no one has been paid," 20 July 2020...
- Related stories: Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa)
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Latest Legal News
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American South Africa AngloGold Ashanti Gold Fields Harmony Gold Sibanye-Stillwater
Author: 350Africa.org and WoMin
Renewable energy can come with its own problems, particularly if it is implemented using the same profit-oriented logic that has guided the development of fossil fuels...This includes implementation of projects without the free, prior and informed...
Africa: Civil society not fully playing its part in developing policies & legislation to better integrate the AMV into national or regional policy & practice; report
Author: Publish What You Pay
'From Vision to Practice: The role of civil society in advancing the implementation of the Africa mining vision’...
- Related in-depth areas: Natural Resources
Africa: Social & reputational risks could slow down the uptake of environment-friendly electric cars, claims columnist
Author: Fuastine Ngila, Business Daily (Kenya)
"Hopes and fears as use of electric cars shifts gears"...
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change
So. Africa: Mineral Commodities Ltd files defamation suit against activists for comments allegedly made in the public interest
Author: Rebecca Davis, Daily Maverick
"Mining case poses big questions about the right of business to silence dissent" 9 June 2020...
- Related stories: South Africa: Activists & lawyers argue in court that lawsuits brought by MRC & MSR against them are Strategic Lawsuits against Public Participation Strategic lawsuits against public participation (SLAPPs) are on the rise, while resistance around the world mounts
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Mineral Resource Commodities (MRC)
Author: Benita van Eyssen, Eddy Micah, Deutsche Welle (Germany)
African economies are fragile. It could be even worse than the health consequences, unfortunately. Much of our revenue is dependent on the export of raw materials. That sector has been hit badly....
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
UK: NGOs request Supreme Court to hear case against African Minerals for complicity in human rights abuse at mine in Sierra Leone
Author: RAID & CORE
"Rights Groups Request UK Supreme Court to Hear Case On Corporate Abuses" 18 May 2020...
- Related stories: Tonkolili Iron Ore lawsuit (re complicity in violence against villagers in Sierra Leone) UK court rejects African Minerals’ liability over accusation of complicity in violent repression of protests in Sierra Leone
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: African Minerals