The following companies also match your search keywords:
Your search returned 13 results. You are on page 1 of 2.
Author: Joseph Kibugu, Senior Researcher & Representative for Eastern Africa, and Joy Mabenge, Anglophone Southern & Western Africa Researcher & Representative, Business and Human Rights Resource Centre
The disproportionate power of corporations compared to host communities in mining areas calls for deeper thinking by human rights advocates to devise ways to empower such communities in mobilising against corporate-related human rights harm.
Malawi: Documentary on how Eland Coal Mining's operations have negatively impacted locals, including endangering human health; Eland Coal did not respond
A recent documentary details how the operations of Eland Coal Mining have impoverished the locals. The company allegedly left deep trenches that endanger human and livestock. The Business and Human Rights Resource Centre invited Eland Coal Mining to...
- Related stories: Malawi: Documentary on how Eland Coal Mining's operations have negatively impacted locals, including endangering human health; Eland Coal did not respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: Eland Coal Mining
Documentary on how Eland Coal Mining's operations have negatively impacted locals in northern Malawi
Author: Jackline Chiwale, on YouTube
"The Resource Curse of Mwaulambo"
Malawi: Human Rights Watch report says communities in mining areas "face serious problems with water, food and housing"; companies comment
A recent report by Human Rights Watch says mining in Malawi has put local residents at health risks and led to their loss of livelihoods. It says families "living near coal and uranium mining operations face serious problems with water, food, and...
Malawi: Report raises human rights concerns including workers' safety in mining areas; Mkango Resources & Nyala Mines respond
Norwegian Church Aid in collaboration with its partners recently released a report on the impact of mining on the local communities. According to the report, some communities around mining areas have been negatively impacted by mining activities...
Author: Karen Msiska, BNL (Malawi)
Villagers around Mwabulambo coal mine in Karonga have accused operators of the mine, Eland Coal Mine Company (ECM), of failing to provide the developments they promised in a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) the two parties signed. But mine...
- Related companies: Eland Coal Mining
[PDF] Steep Rise in Allegations of Human Rights Abuse as Boom in Investment Brings Hope of Prosperity
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In a new briefing paper...Business & Human Rights Resource Centre...identifies three key trends in companies’ human rights impacts in the region...Executive Director...Phil Bloomer said: “The threat of the infamous ‘Resource Curse’ hangs heavy...
- Related stories: "Steep Rise in Allegations of Human Rights Abuse as Boom in Investment Brings Hope of Prosperity - New briefing paper on business and human rights in Eastern Africa" (announcement) African Barrick Gold lawsuit (re Tanzania) Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda) Thomson Safaris lawsuit (re Maasai in Tanzania) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Bidco Oil Refineries British American Tobacco China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Eland Coal Mining Gamma Group Japan Tobacco International Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) Kenya Commercial Bank Kenya Pipeline Company MTN Neumann Gruppe Nevsun Paladin Energy PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Philip Morris International SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Safaricom Strategic Friends International Tanzania Breweries (part of SABMiller) Thomson Safaris (part of Wineland-Thomson Adventures) Total Tullow Oil Unilever Wilmar International Wineland-Thomson Adventures ZTE
[PDF] Steep Rise in Allegations of Human Rights Abuse as Boom in Investment Brings Hope of Prosperity - Business and Human Rights in Eastern Africa: A Regional Briefing Paper [full paper]
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Recent years have brought a boom in investment to Eastern Africa, fuelled in large part by new oil and other mineral finds, and demands for biofuels and other agricultural products. There is potential for these investments to help to fulfil economic...
Author: Eland Coal
We are operating in strict compliance with the Malawian Laws and regulations.
- Related stories: Malawi: Community seeks access to information to enable effective monitoring of environmental & safety standards in mining industry
- This is a response from the following companies: Eland Coal Mining