The following companies also match your search keywords:
Your search returned 33 results. You are on page 1 of 4.
Canada: Liberal MP proposes modern slavery bill requiring Canadian companies to report on measures to reduce risk of forced labour
Author: Samantha Beattie, HuffPost Canada
A proposed federal bill is hoping to crack down on Canadian companies that import products tainted by child and forced labour. The Modern Slavery Bill, tabled in the House of Commons Thursday by Liberal MP John McKay, would require companies to...
Author: International Labor Rights Forum, Worker Rights Consortium, Clean Clothes Campaign & Maquila Solidarity Network
Author: Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility
On the second anniverary of the Rana Plaza tragedy in Bangladesh, in April of 2015, a coalition of global investors representing $2.5 trillion in assets sent letters to corporate members of the Bangladesh Accord for Fire and Building Safety (Accord)...
- Related stories: Rana Plaza two years on: Progress, but compensation and workers' rights still lacking
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch adidas American Eagle Outfitters Benetton C&A Carrefour Carter's Cato Children's Place Costco Esprit Gap H&M Hudson's Bay Inditex J.C. Penney Jones Group Just Group Kohl's L.L.Bean Loblaw Companies Macy's Mango Marks & Spencer Nordstrom Phillips-Van Heusen Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma Sears Target Tesco VF Corp Walmart
Author: Patrick D Dolan, Hinshaw & Culberton LLP in Employment Law Observer (USA)
“Wilting Under A White-Hot Spotlight, Saks Settles Transgender Case,” 5 Mar 2015...
- Related stories: USA: Saks argues transgender employees not protected under US employment discrimination law
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Hudson's Bay Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay)
Author: BBC News
A woman has revealed…how she found a plea for help from a man imprisoned in China in a bag from the…Saks store in New York. In the note, the man said he was forced to work 13-hour days at a Chinese prison factory to make the bags.The discovery...
- Related companies: Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay)
Author: Serena Solomon, DNAinfo (USA)
Stephanie Wilson was reaching...inside a paper shopping bag from Saks Fifth Avenue when she found a letter pleading, "HELP HELP HELP." The message...[was] from a man who said he made the bag while being unfairly held in a Chinese prison factory..."We...
Author: Amy Judd, Global News
…[I]n Bangladesh...protesters gathered to mark the anniversary and to express their anger about a lack of progress in compensating the victims and their families…The tragedy pushed the issue of factory safety to the forefront. Many of the workers were...
This report is an evaluation of the efforts made by jewelers towards responsible sourcing of precious metals. It is based on responses to a survey sent to the jewelers that had signed on to the Golden Rules by mid-February 2009 and to other large...
- Related stories: Report evaluates jewelers progress in promoting socially and environmentally responsible mining – 60 firms endorse principles for ethical sourcing
- Related in-depth areas: Recent NGO reports
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Amazon.com Anglo American Berkshire Hathaway Boucheron (part of Gucci) Brilliant Earth Carlyle Group Cartier (part of Richemont) Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) Costco Cred Jewellery Finlay Fine Jewelry Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Harry Winston (part of Aber Diamond) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Herff Jones J.C. Penney Jostens Kohl's Kroger Leber Jeweler Liberty Media Macy's Meijer Neiman Marcus Piaget (part of Richemont) PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Saks Fifth Avenue (part of Hudson's Bay) Sears Signet Target Tiffany TJ Maxx (part of TJX) TJX Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Zale (part of Signet)
Author: Jen Skerritt, Winnipeg Free Press [Canada]
New data that reveal once-pristine fishing holes near Flin Flon's toxic smelter are contaminated with high levels of mercury have outraged at least one critic who says health is sacrificed to keep the town's main employer in business... The water...
- Related companies: HudBay Minerals