The following companies also match your search keywords:
Your search returned 31 results. You are on page 1 of 4.
Pepmaco Manufacturing Corporation (Pepmaco for brevity) is a domestic corporation engaged in the manufacture of surfactants. It operates a manufacturing plant located at Airstrip St., Silangan Industrial Park, Canlubang, Calamba, Laguna....
- Related stories: Philippines: Masked men alleged to be Pepmaco guards attack protesting workers while asleep
- This is a response from the following companies: Peerless Products Manufacturing Corporation (Pepmaco)
Author: Rory Reynolds, The National (UAE)
"Dubai construction workers win court case over unpaid wages", 11 Jul 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE
- Related companies: Actco General Contracting Company
Author: Global Witness
On 11 July 2019, the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) executive board approved a bailout worth nearly $449 million for Republic of Congo. Natasha White from Global Witness said: “The IMF’s decision to grant Republic of Congo another bailout is a...
Uganda: CNOOC launches HIV/AIDS sensitisation campaign in oil-rich areas; increase in incidence attributed to labour-related emigration
Author: Francis Mugerwa, Daily Monitor (Uganda)
"Concern as HIV cases soar in oil-rich districts"...
Author: Mariam Bhacker and Alia Hindawi, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
As the launch of the Building Responsibly Principles marks an important milestone for an industry that has been slow to respond to rampant and systemic violations of workers' rights in its value chains, we look to assess how companies are protecting vulnerable workers in the Middle East.
Qatar: 1,200 migrant workers at HKH General Contracting without pay for several months; no response from companies
HKH General Contracting has reportedly failed to pay 1,200 migrant workers their salaries since September 2017. According to Migrant Rights, employees living in company housing lost access to running water and electricity for several weeks. They have...
Human Rights Watch recently released a report titled A Bitter Harvest: Child Labour and Human Rights Abuses on Tobacco Farms in Zimbabwe, documenting how children work in hazardous conditions, performing tasks that threaten their health and safety or...
Author: Matthew Campbell, Bloomberg Businessweek
...At a…Imperial Pacific International Holdings Ltd...construction site [on the American island of Saipan], it was building a gargantuan casino with a crew of hundreds of Chinese, scores of them working illegally on tourist visas. So many laborers...
Author: Chandan Kumar Mandal, The Kathmandu Post
Nepal government has said it would encourage its citizens living in Kuwait without valid residency permit to use the amnesty granted by Kuwait government. Last Tuesday Kuwait’s Ministry of Interior issued a decree saying it will give general amnesty...
- Related stories: Kuwait: Construction workers at Kharafi National stranded without pay or valid visas
- Related companies: Kharafi National
Author: Pete Pattisson and Gyanu Adhikari, The Guardian (UK)
Migrant labourers in Qatar who worked for a company co-owned by Balfour Beatty, one of Britain’s largest construction firms, have claimed they were subject to continued abuse and exploitation for almost three months after the Guardian revealed their...
- Related stories: Interserve and Balfour Beatty respond to allegations of migrant worker labour abuses in Qatar
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & responses: Outreach to construction firms in Qatar and the UAE
- Related companies: Balfour Beatty Interserve