Your search returned 47 results. You are on page 1 of 5.
Australia: Coles & trade unions develop Accord to protect rights of workers within fresh produce supply chain
Author: Ruth Hogan, Inside FMCG
"Coles partners with workers’ unions to improve supply chain standards", 5 November 2019...
- Related stories: Australia: Coles' union alliance to address worker exploitation & safety met with criticism; Includes company comments
- Related in-depth areas: Agriculture
- Related companies: Coles Group
About 80 workers from the Indian state of Kerala are now looking forward to celebrating their harvest festival of Onam
Author: Ashwani Kumar, Khaleej Times
Khaleej Times has learnt that these  workers employed with a catering company will be paid in the next few weeks....
Australia: Allegations of unfair wage deductions and underpayment of staff at Escarpment Group hotels
Author: Anna Patty, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Staff at luxury hotel group threatened after speaking out about exploitation", 9 July 2019...
- Related companies: Escarpment Group
Author: Buth Reaksmey Kongkea, Khmer Times
"Woman charged with trafficking underaged girls to China", 22 July 2019...
Qatar: First systematic survey documents migrant workers' experience of hospitality and construction sectors
Author: Philippe Fargues, Nasra M. Shah & Imco Brouwer - Gulf Labour Markets and Migration (GLMM)
"Working and living conditions of low-income migrant workers in the hospitality and construction sectors in Qatar: A survey among migrant workers through focus group discussions", 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE
Author: Minky Worden (HRW), Washington Post
- Related stories: Expanding 2022 World Cup to other Gulf countries carries human & labour rights risks, warn rights groups
- Related companies: adidas Coca-Cola Visa Group
Author: Adele Ferguson, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Bosses who underpay their workers to face jail", 7 March 2019 Employers that deliberately underpay their workers could face a stint in prison as part of a radical national suite of reforms designed to stamp out worker exploitation and systemic wage f...
Cambodia: French embassy denies visas for eleven people to attend a court hearing related to a complaint with a company in France
Author: Kimmarita Long, The Phnom Penh Post
"Ethnic group ‘disappointed’ to be denied French visas to attend court", 13 February 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Socfin-KCD rubber plantations allegedly displace indigenous peoples & aggravate poverty, according to FIDH report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Bolloré Socfin
New Zealand: Chinese construction workers caught in "bonded labour" by recruitment company, says union
Author: Debrin Foxcroft, Stuff
9th January, 2019...
- Related companies: National Personnel
Author: David Harding, Yahoo! Sports
Qatar could agree a deal within a fortnight to abolish its controversial exit visa system which requires workers to obtain their employers' permission to leave the country... The possibility of a landmark deal came as the International Labour...