Your search returned 43 results. You are on page 1 of 5.
Qatar: First systematic survey documents migrant workers' experience of hospitality and construction sectors
Author: Philippe Fargues, Nasra M. Shah & Imco Brouwer - Gulf Labour Markets and Migration (GLMM)
"Working and living conditions of low-income migrant workers in the hospitality and construction sectors in Qatar: A survey among migrant workers through focus group discussions", 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE
Author: Minky Worden (HRW), Washington Post
- Related stories: Expanding 2022 World Cup to other Gulf countries carries human & labour rights risks, warn rights groups
- Related companies: adidas Coca-Cola Visa Group
Author: Adele Ferguson, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Bosses who underpay their workers to face jail", 7 March 2019 Employers that deliberately underpay their workers could face a stint in prison as part of a radical national suite of reforms designed to stamp out worker exploitation and systemic wage f...
Cambodia: French embassy denies visas for eleven people to attend a court hearing related to a complaint with a company in France
Author: Kimmarita Long, The Phnom Penh Post
"Ethnic group ‘disappointed’ to be denied French visas to attend court", 13 February 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Socfin-KCD rubber plantations allegedly displace indigenous peoples & aggravate poverty, according to FIDH report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Bolloré Socfin
New Zealand: Chinese construction workers caught in "bonded labour" by recruitment company, says union
Author: Debrin Foxcroft, Stuff
9th January, 2019...
- Related companies: National Personnel
Author: David Harding, Yahoo! Sports
Qatar could agree a deal within a fortnight to abolish its controversial exit visa system which requires workers to obtain their employers' permission to leave the country... The possibility of a landmark deal came as the International Labour...
Author: Dominic Rushe, The Guardian (UK)
"NRA under mounting pressure as companies cut ties with gun lobby", 23 Feb 2018...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Alamo Rent A Car (part of Vanguard Car Rental) Amazon.com Chubb Group Enterprise Rent-A-Car Hertz Vanguard Car Rental Wyndham
Author: Rejimon Kuttapan, The Quint (India)
“‘No food, no pay’: 800 Indian workers stranded in Oman tell all”, 11 August 2017...
- Related stories: Oman: Employees at Petron Gulf allegedly left stranded without pay for 5 months
- Related companies: Petron Group
As a global payments technology company, and long-serving Olympic Games sponsor, Visa stands for universal acceptance and recognizes the importance of respecting the rights of all individuals. We have shared your inquiry with the IOC and suggest you...
- Related stories: Brazil: Concerns around restrictions on freedom of expression during the Olympics, sponsors comment
- This is a response from the following companies: Visa Group
4-11 July | Bucharest