Your search returned 52 results. You are on page 3 of 6.
IHG...take great pride in operating responsibly and in a sustainable way...This will be no different in Lhasa. IHG has a rigorous Code of Ethics and Business Conduct in place...Our hotels not only create jobs but also drive tourism income, thereby...
- Related stories: China: InterContinental fails to prevent complicity in human rights violations in relation to its planned hotel in Lhasa, Tibet, says civil society group
- This is a response from the following companies: InterContinental Hotels
Author: Phil Davies, Travel Weekly Group
The hotel workers’ branch of the Unite union plans a protest...outside a shareholders’ meeting of the Intercontinental Hotel Group in London. The picket is planned over union recognition for members working at the hotel group’s eight managed hotels in...
Author: RIA Novosti
...As boycotts of Russian vodka spread across the globe in protest over new Russian laws on homosexuality, US gay rights activists warn the campaign could be the first stage in a broader drive targeting Russia’s economy and image with the Sochi Winter...
- Related stories: Russia: US gay rights activists boycott Stolichnaya vodka over controversial Russian laws on homosexuals; some call for boycott of Sochi Olympics sponsors
- Related companies: Caterpillar Coca-Cola Ernst & Young Holiday Inn (part of InterContinental Hotels) Hyatt Marriott McDonald's Procter & Gamble Sheraton (part of Starwood Hotels) Visa Inc.
Author: Lucy Tobin, Independent (UK)
Almost half – or 47 per cent – of first-time appointments to the FTSE 350 were female in 2012, compared to just 11 per cent in 2007…However…the drive to see more women on FTSE 100 boards stalled this year. Only 12 per cent of directors appointed in...
Author: Janet Harmer, Caterer and Hotelkeeper [UK]
Several of the UK’s largest hotel companies [including Hilton Worldwide, the InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG), Travelodge and Premier Inn,] have dismissed suggestions that the sub-contracting of housekeeping services by agencies has led to the...
- Related stories: UK: Parliamentary meeting calls for better working conditions for agency housekeepers at hotels
- Related companies: Hilton InterContinental Hotels
Author: John Morrison, Institute for Human Rights and Business, letter to editor of Evening Standard [UK]
Your [Evening Standard] article...on the InterContinental Hotels Group's bold step in being the first major hotel chain in London to endorse a living wage points to an important....subject - the status of the many staff who work in the capital’s hotel...
- Related stories: "Staff Wanted Initiative" to raise awareness within UK hospitality industry of human trafficking risks, how to mitigate them
- Related companies: InterContinental Hotels
In Advance of London Olympics, U.S. and U.K. Investors Ask Corporations to Step Up Anti-Trafficking and Slavery Efforts
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility [USA]
...[A] coalition of U.S. and U.K. investors and NGOs have united to call on corporations to strengthen their focus against human trafficking and modern slavery in advance of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games...The initiative focuses on the London tourism...
- Related stories: Investors call on Olympic sponsors, tourism sector to step up anti-trafficking, slavery efforts in advance of London Olympics
- Related companies: Accor adidas Arcelor Mittal Best Western BMW British Airways Carlson Choice Hotels Coca-Cola Hilton Hyatt InterContinental Hotels John Lewis (part of John Lewis Partnership) John Lewis Partnership Kraft Foods McDonald's Next Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto Sainsbury Samsung Starwood Hotels Thomas Cook Whitbread
Author: Adriaan Alsema, Colombia Reports
The scandal caused by Secret Service agents over an alleged unpaid prostitution services has completely overshadowed the huge event the Colombian government hoped would showcase Colombia's transformation, instead putting a finger on a very, very sore...
- Related companies: InterContinental Hotels
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing highlights reports from a range of sources about how businesses have impacted human rights, positively and negatively, in Anglophone Africa over the past year... [Headings:] Examples of the “resource curse” ...HIV/AIDS and TB...Dams:...
- Related stories: New briefing on business & human rights in Anglophone Africa, by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
- Related companies: Accor AGIP (part of Eni) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold Best Western Bridgestone Bridgestone-Firestone (part of Bridgestone) Carlson Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Collum Coal Mining Daimler De Beers DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Eni Ericsson ExxonMobil Firestone Natural Rubber (part of Bridgestone) Ford General Motors Hess Corporation Hilton Hyatt IBM InterContinental Hotels Lahmeyer Marathon Oil Marks & Spencer Mbada Diamonds (joint venture New Reclamation Group & Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation) Microsoft MTN New Reclamation Newmont NH Hoteles Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Rapaport Group Red Back Mining Rheinmetall Richemont SABMiller Salini Impregilo Shell Starwood Hotels Total Tullow Oil Vanco Energy Walmart Wilderness Safaris Zain Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)