1 contracts match your search keywordsshow
Your search returned 50 results. You are on page 5 of 5.
Author: Burma Campaign UK
[Companies on the list: Abercrombie & Kent, Adventures Abroad, Alcatel, Alexander Rose, Andrew Brock Travel, Aon Corporation, Aquatic, Arnold Laver Timberworld, Asean Explorer, Asia Optical, Audley Travel, Lauda Air (part of Austrian Airlines),...
- Related stories: New list of companies directly, indirectly linked to Burma, additions incl. Lloyd’s of London, Rolls Royce, Ericsson, Alcatel, Swift
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Abercrombie & Kent ABN Amro Adventures Abroad Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alexander Rose Aon Austrian Airlines British American Tobacco Carnival Citibank (part of Citigroup) Daewoo International (part of Posco) Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diethelm Keller DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Ericsson Fodors (part of Random House) HSBC Hutchison Whampoa Ivanhoe Mines Japan Airlines Kajima Leeward Capital Lloyd's of London Marubeni Mitsui Nippon Oil Noble Caledonia Norton Rose Orient Express P&O (part of Dubai World) Pan Macmillan (part of Macmillan) Petronas PricewaterhouseCoopers Random House Robbins Timber Rolls-Royce plc Schlumberger Sumitomo Metal Mining (part of Sumitomo Group) Suzuki Swift (co-operative) Timbmet Total Unocal (part of Chevron) Willis WPP Yangon Airways
Author: Earthworks and Oxfam America
...details the massive pollution, huge open pits, devastating community health effects, worker dangers and, in many cases, human rights abuses that have become hallmarks of gold and metals mining in countries such as Peru, Indonesia, Ghana and in parts...
- Related stories: BHP lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) full report: "Dirty Metals: Mining Communities and the Environment"
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Barrick Gold Benguet BHP Billiton Cambior Cameco Doe Run (part of Renco) Esmeralda Exploration Freeport-McMoRan Glamis Gold (part of Goldcorp) Grupo México Inco (part of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce) Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Manhattan Minerals Meridian Gold Newmont Goldcorp Noranda (part of Falconbridge) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Renco Rio Tinto Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Western Mining
Corporate Voluntarism and Human Rights: The Adequacy and Effectiveness of Voluntary Self-Regulation Regimes
Author: Penelope Simons, School of Social Sciences and Law, Oxford Brookes University, UK, in Relations industrielles: Équité, efficience, éthique ? La régulation sociale de l'entreprise mondialisée
This article reviews and assesses the language, human rights content and compliance mechanisms of the voluntary policies and/or codes developed by a number of corporations, industry groups, intergovernmental organizations and multistakeholder...
- Related stories: Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: BP Ernst & Young First Quantum Minerals Greater Nile Petroleum Operating Company (GNPOC) Ivanhoe Mines KPMG Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Shell Talisman Unocal (part of Chevron)
ICFTU releases background report on Burma and more names of companies linked to the country...as the regime increases its anti-democracy campaign
Author: International Confederation of Free Trade Unions
the ICFTU is publishing a document about the very serious human rights violations taking place there every day: forced labour, torture, confiscation of land, forced movement of people, and other crimes and abuses...The updated list names 375...
False Claims by Labour Groups Rejected as Ivanhoe Sets the Record Straight, Again, About Its Investment in Myanmar
Author: Edward Flood, Deputy Chairman, Ivanhoe Mines
The CLC/ICEM news release accused Ivanhoe of complicity in alleged human rights abuses in Myanmar and urged the company to abandon its investment in the country......
- Related stories: Concern about Ivanhoe Mines joint venture with Burmese military government
- Related companies: Ivanhoe Mines
Author: Canadian Labour Congress and ICEM
As the Canadian-based Ivanhoe Mines Ltd.'s holds its annual shareholders meeting today in Vancouver, the Canadian Labour Congress and the International Federation of Chemical, Energy, Mine and General Workers' Unions (ICEM) are urging the company to...
Ivanhoe Mines, a Canadian-based company whose operations in Burma have recently come under renewed scrutiny following the release of a report by a mining watchdog group, has come out in defense of its Burmese business partners, the ruling SPDC...by...
Ivanhoe Mines Condemns Blatant Falsehoods, Bias And Misrepresentations In Activists' Mining Documents
Author: Daniel Kunz, President of Ivanhoe Mines
Canadian Friends of Burma and MiningWatch Canada distributed a document on Monday, September 18, 2000, which purports to be a report on mining in Myanmar, formerly known as Burma... References to Ivanhoe Mines and its Myanmar copper project within the...
Author: Roger Moody
[refers to Newmont, East Asia Gold, Myanma Gem Enterprise, ECI Minerals, Ivanhoe Mines, Mandalay Mining, First Dynasty, Indochina Goldfields (now part of Ivanhoe Mines), Sumitomo Metal Mining, Marubeni, First Marathon, Nesbitt Burns, Rio Tinto, Tiger...
- Related companies: Anglo American Austindo Resources BHP Billiton Chiyoda Cornerstone Capital Resources Daewoo International (part of Posco) Freeport-McMoRan GRD Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Leeward Capital Marubeni Myanma Gem Enterprise Newmont Goldcorp Rio Tinto Silver Standard (now SSR Mining) SNC-Lavalin Sojitz Sumitomo Metal Mining (part of Sumitomo Group) Tiger International Resources