Related stories and components
Author: Bianca Nogrady, Ensia
"Cobalt is critical to the renewable energy transition. How can we minimize its social and environmental cost?", 14 May 2020....
Investor Toolkit on Human Rights provides guidance for investors on how to address risks to people & respect human rights in investments
The Investor Alliance for Human Rights has published an Investor Toolkit on Human Rights (with Executive Summary) for asset owners and managers to address risks to people posed by their investments. The toolkit explains that investors have a...
Mexico: Judge rules against Jinkosolar solar farm due to lack of consultation and information regarding impacts
Author: Emilio Godoy, Diálogo Chino
“Mexican communities reject Chinese solar farm in Yucatan”, May 5, 2020...
Mexico: Supreme Court annuls permit for BHCE Yucatan SAPI's solar and wind farm, citing lack of proper community consultation
Author: Yucatan Times
"The Supreme Court annuls permit for solar and wind farm in northern Yucatan," 7 May 2020...
Author: Radio Télévision Suisse
« L'environnement: nouveau droit humain? », 9 mai 2020....
- Related stories: Résumé du procès Total (changement climatique, France)
- Related in-depth areas: Climate justice Dernières infos juridiques Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence Ressources naturelles
- Related companies: Total
Mexico: Measures taken to curb the spread of Covid-19 impact renewables and could cause greater dependence on fossil fuels
“Mexico’s energy business turning dirty again”, 6th May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Renewable energy
- Related companies: Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE)
Shelving of BRI coal plant projects highlights overcapacity risk and opportunity to shift to renewable energy in Pakistan and Bangladesh
Author: Simon Nicholas, China Dialogue
“Shelving of huge BRI coal plant highlights overcapacity risk in Pakistan and Bangladesh”, 1 May 2020...
- Related stories: Shelving of BRI coal plant projects highlights overcapacity risk and opportunity to shift to renewable energy in Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak
- Related companies: Dongfang Electric Shanghai Electric