Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Related stories and components
Commentary: A bill of data rights is needed to protect freedom of expression & privacy in the digital age
Author: Martin Tisne, MIT Technology Review
"It's time for a bill of data rights," 14 Dec 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Apple Facebook Microsoft
USA: Investors file resolutions with companies at risk for human rights violations due to govt. contracts related to immigration
In December 2018, investor members of the Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility launched a corporate campaign focused on a group of six companies across the private prison, e-commerce, banking and defense sectors, deemed at risk for human...
USA: 2018 report on state of human rights details violations of labour rights, access to water & free, prior & informed consent
Author: US Human Rights Network
In the United States this year...we have seen undeniable, egregious, and unapologetic violations of human rights... Illegal and immoral attempts to encroach on American Indian lands, territories, and the resources of Indigenous Peoples have always been...
Amazon responded with the following links: • https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/thoughts-on-machine-learning-accuracy/• https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/some-quick-thoughts-on-the-public-discu...
- Related stories: USA: Investors file resolutions with companies at risk for human rights violations due to govt. contracts related to immigration
- Related companies: Amazon.com
USA: Immigrants disproportionately subjected to surveillance, raising concerns regarding privacy & discrimination
Author: Sophie Haigney, Pacific Standard
"Not all surveillance is created equal," 7 Jan 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Vigilant Solutions
Author: Zach Lampell & Lily Liu, OpenGlobalRights
"How can AI amplify civic freedoms," 18 December 2018...
Following the launch of its "Toxic Twitter" report in March 2018, Amnesty International launched Troll Patrol, a global crowdsourcing effort to demonstrate the scale and nature of abuse that women continue to experience on Twitter. In collaboration...
Commentary: It is high time to bind new technology to basic constitutional principles in order to protect human rights, democracy and rule of law
Author: Paul Nemitz, The Royal Society Publishing
"...The principle of rule of law, democracy and human rights by design in AI is necessary because on the one hand the capabilities of AI, based on big data and combined with the pervasiveness of devices and sensors of the Internet of things, will...
- Related stories: BSR launches human rights-based blueprint for responsible business practice with regard to artificial intelligence UK: Ethics incl. human & data rights should be at centre of AI regulation, says House of Lords Select Committee on Artificial Intelligence report
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence