Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Related stories and components
Author: Stratégies (France)
« Facebook ne reconnaîtra plus votre visage sans votre accord », 4 septebre 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Facebook
Author: Thun Group of Banks
More than 50 participants attended the two day annual meeting in Thun. Representatives from banks, governments, academia, civil society, international governmental organizations, law firms, and other business organizations came together to discuss...
Author: Bitange Ndemo, Business Daily (Kenya)
"Don’t blame technology for job losses"...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Gig Economy
Facebook recording of user audio prompts EU privacy regulator to investigate company's handling of personal data
Author: Thomson Reuters via CBC
"Facebook recording of user audio prompts probe from EU privacy regulator", 14 August 2019...
- Related stories: General Data Protection Regulation: Issues of compliance and non-compliance
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Instagram (part of Facebook) Microsoft Whatsapp (part of Facebook)
The recent past has seen a number of companies including banks declaring a significant number of their staff members redundant as they increasingly embrace digital technology in a bid to reduce staff costs
Microsoft criticised for investing in Israeli facial recognition company allegedly conducting surveillance on Palestinians
Some civil society groups and privacy activists are criticising Microsoft's investment in AnyVision, an Israeli facial recognition company which is allegedly carrying out surveillance on Palestinians. In June 2019, Microsoft’s M12 venture capital arm...
UN Human Rights Council Advisory Committee invites inputs on opportunities & challenges of new & emerging digital technologies on rights
In July 2019, the UN Human Rights Council adopted a resolution entitled, “New and emerging digital technologies and human rights”. In this resolution, the Council requested that the Advisory Committee prepare a report on the possible impacts,...
Author: M12, corporate venture arm of Microsoft
M12 is the corporate venture arm of Microsoft and was formerly known as Microsoft Ventures.AnyVision agreed to comply with Microsoft’s facial recognition principles as part of M12’s investment. Microsoft believes that technology companies need to...
- Related stories: Microsoft criticised for investing in Israeli facial recognition company allegedly conducting surveillance on Palestinians
- This is a response from the following companies: Microsoft
Kenya: Samasource on how its impact source model ensures it recruits from disadvantaged backgrounds, including women & youth
Author: Moses Omusolo, Standard Digital (Kenya)
"Impact sourcing and its contribution to the Economy"...
Author: Fredrick Obura, Standard Digital (Kenya)
"Tough time as Kenyan companies plan mass job cuts"...
- Related stories: Kenya: Rise in digital economy contributing to job losses especially in banking sector
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence