Headquarters in Malaysia
Author: Building and Wood Workers International (BWI)
On paper, the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (TOCOG) has made strong commitments to embedding human rights norms throughout all stages of Tokyo 2020’s implementation. However environmental and human rights complaints...
Malaysia: Civil society reports labour rights violation in timber supply chain of Tokyo 2020; companies did not respond
Based on information from the Timber Industry Employees Union of Sarawak (TIEUS), Building and Wood Workers International alleges in this report that violations of labour rights, including the freedom of association, are being committed by companies...
- Related stories: Malaysia: Civil society reports labour rights violation in timber supply chain of Tokyo 2020; companies did not respond
- Related in-depth areas: Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- This is a non response from the following companies: Shin Yang
[Shin Yang response re alleged failure to obtain informed consent from Penan hunter-gatherers, Malaysia
Author: Shin Yang
[W]e like to rebut what the Penan has said in paragraph 5 of the Article. We did not enter the area illegally. We are the Provisional Lease holders having the lawful rights to plant crops therein and be in the areas under the leases granted by the...
- Related stories: Malaysia: Survival Intl. says indigenous community to be "dumped" in oil palm plantation to make way for dam project
- This is a response from the following companies: Shin Yang