Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
Author: Bennet Freeman, Mauricio Lazala & Michael Ineichen in World Economic Forum's Agenda
"Why businesses are nothing without strong human rights", 16 Jan 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Civil society participation Corporate Legal Accountability Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: adidas Airbnb Apple BMW Cisco Systems Daimler Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft Nike Salesforce.com Siemens Unilever
Our CEO has decided to withdraw from the FII conference. He has outlined his reasons in the following blog: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/decision-make-what-really-matters-joe-kaeser/
- Related stories: Major news organisations and business leaders withdraw from Saudi investment conference over missing journalist
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- This is a response from the following companies: Siemens
Major news organisations and business leaders withdraw from Saudi investment conference over missing journalist
On October 2, 2018, prominent Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi went missing after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi, a once royal advisor turned critic, was murdered by Saudi agents in the consultate. Khashoggi's case prompted a...
Germany: Siemens urges employees to speak out against xenophobia & discrimination following protests; co. says principles are vital for business
Author: Ivana Kottasová, CNN Money
"Siemens warns of dangers of xenophobia after violent protests in Germany", 5 Sep 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Siemens
Author: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
Siemens-Chef Joe Kaeser fürchtet negative Auswirkungen für die Wirtschaft wegen der ausländerfeindlichen Ausschreitungen in Chemnitz. „Wir exportieren in Deutschland nicht nur Produkte, sondern auch Werte. Wir tragen eine besondere Verantwortung wegen...
- Related stories: Deutsche Unternehmen äußern sich besorgt über Fremdenfeindlichkeit & Rechtsextremismus
- Related companies: Siemens
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Roundtable addresses need for improved corporate governance by investors, CEOs & business networks to end slavery in supply chains; incl. contribution by BHRRC
Author: Joanna Radeke and Tammi L. Coles, Corporate Knights
Slavery remains a disturbing reality of the world's labour markets. In the private sector especially, some 16 million people are enslaved – forced to work in sectors as diverse as agriculture, construction and the cosmetics industry. And while cases...
Author: Sin Embargo (México)
“Pueblos de Oaxaca dan un primer nocaut a la Reforma Energética al frenar parque eólico español”, 12 de enero de 2018...