Equinor (formerly Statoil)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Norway
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Statoil became StatoilHydro in May 2007, following a merger with the oil and gas division of Norsk Hydro, then changed its name back to Statoil in November 2009. Norsk Hydro retained its metals and other businesses. The name Equinor was adopted in 2018.
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre case profile for lawsuit against Statoil alleging the company had made false promises and misrepresentations about the plaintiff's position of Human Rights Advisor.]
- Related companies: Equinor (formerly Statoil)
Author: Oxfam America
International relief and development organization Oxfam America applauded the European Parliament for voting...to give its final approval to a new mandatory payment disclosure requirement for the oil, gas and mining industries that will complement a...
Author: Robert Ahearne, in Think Africa Press (UK)
On 22 May, 2013 protests and street battles erupted in...Mtwara in response to the government’s handling of mineral resource wealth...[A] researcher...highlighted that it is necessary to engender genuine engagement with local populations when...
Author: Jeune Afrique
L'ONG Revenue Watch Institute qui milite pour la transparence dans la gestion des revenus des ressources naturelles vient de publier son rapport 2013. Les pays africains sont à la peine malgré les politiques mises en oeuvre...L'Indice de gouvernance...
Author: Revenue Watch Institute
The lives of over a billion citizens could be transformed if their governments managed their oil, gas and minerals in a more open, accountable manner, according to the Resource Governance Index released...by the Revenue Watch Institute. The Index...
- Related stories: Revenue Watch launches index on transparency & accountability in oil, gas & mining sectors
- Related companies: Equinor (formerly Statoil) Pemex Petrobras
Author: Heba Saleh, Financial Times
Violent incidents...have become a recurrent feature for the hydrocarbons industry in Libya since the 2011 fall of Muammer Gaddafi, the former president...Part of the problem is that some of the local militias who guarded oil installations during the...
Author: Andina (Perú)
Las compañías y mineras están incrementando sus compromisos con los derechos humanos…en particular con los de los pueblos indígenas, revela el estudio de…Oxfam América sobre el Índice sobre Consentimiento de la Comunidad en el sector extractivo. Según...
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BHP Billiton BP Canadian Natural Resources Chevron ConocoPhillips Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Hess Corporation Imperial Oil Inmet Mining Marathon Oil Perenco Pluspetrol Repsol Rio Tinto Shell Talisman (part of Repsol) Total Vale Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Institute for Human Rights and Business & UK Govt. Dept. of Business, Innovation & Skills
A report on the second meeting of stakeholders, since the establishment of the updated OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises (the Guidelines) in 2011. The participants [brought together by the Institute for Human Rights and Business and the UK...
- Related companies: Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Barclays Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Centerra Gold Clifford Chance De Beers (part of Anglo American) Electric Power Development Company Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) Excellon Resources First Quantum Minerals GCM Resources Glencore Groupe Forrest International Herbert Smith Freehills (formerly Herbert Smith) Mineral Commodities (MRC) Posco Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Shell Standard Chartered Unilever Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: US Department of State
This is the first public U.S. Government report on the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPs) Initiative...The U.S. Government has prepared this public report in line with our commitment to make our participation in the VPs Initiative...