Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Finland
Stora Enso website: http://www.storaenso.com
KnowTheChain assessed 39 of the largest publicly listed companies in the paper and forestry and home furnishing retail sectors on their efforts to address forced labour risks in their supply chains, based on publicly disclosed information. The findings...
- Related stories: KnowTheChain: Ranking companies' efforts to address forced labour in their supply chains
- Related companies: Aaron's Inc Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Bed Bath & Beyond Canfor Corporation Domtar Duratex SA Empresas CMPC Fibria Floor & Decor Holdings Inc Holmen Home Depot Home Product Center Public Company Limited Howden Joinery Group Plc International Paper Kingfisher Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing Limited Louisiana-Pacific Lowe's Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nine Dragons Paper Nippon Paper Industries Co Ltd Nitori Holdings Co Ltd Norbord Inc Oji Paper Sappi Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd Siam Global House Public Company Limited Stella-Jones Inc Stora Enso Suzano Papel e Celulose The Navigator Company SA UPM Via Varejo SA West Fraser Timber Co Ltd WestRock Weyerhaeuser Williams Sonoma
Equileap researched 3,519 companies in 23 developed economies, representing 98 million employees, and ranked them based on 19 gender equality criteria... There has been an increase in the average score of the 100 best performing companies over the past...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights: Research & Analysis
- Related companies: Adobe Systems AGL Air New Zealand ANZ Bank ASX Group AXA Bank of America BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BillerudKorsnäs (Billerud Korsnäs) Biogen BlackRock BNP Paribas British Land Caltex Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Castellum Challenger Financial Services Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citibank (part of Citigroup) Coca-Cola Coca-cola Amatil Cofinimmo Commbank Contact Energy Convivio Hotels Danone Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Eli Lilly Elisa Enagás Equinor (formerly Statoil) Fonterra Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Gilead Sciences Gjensidige GlaxoSmithKline GPT Group Hilton Investec Iron Mountain ITV Johnson & Johnson Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering Kimberly-Clark L'Oreal Lendlease Project Management & Construction (formerly Bovis Lend Lease, trading as Lendlease) Marriott Medibank Merck Mirvac Money Super Market Group National Australia Bank NH Hoteles Orange Origin Energy Publicis Qantas Airways REA Group Red Eléctrica de España Repsol Royal Bank of Canada Royal Mail Sanofi SAP Schibsted Schneider Electric Schroders Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered Stockland Stora Enso Storebrand Suncorp Swedbank Tele2 Telenet Telenor Telstra TF1 Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban Unilever Verizon Vicinity Vodafone Westpac WPP YUM! Z Energy
List of large businesses, associations & investors with public statements & endorsements in support of human rights due diligence regulation
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Large businesses (>1 bn € turnover) and associations with public statements and endorsements in support of mandatory human rights due diligence (non-comprehensive list), last updated 18 May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: "S Group" Barry Callebaut BMW Cargill Coca-Cola Finland Daimler Danone Dormakaba Ericsson Fazer Group Ferrero Firmenich Hapag-Lloyd Group Heineken Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hershey IKEA Kesko KiK Mars Mercuria Energy Migros Mondelēz International Nestlé Nestlé Netherlands Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Plus Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rabobank REWE-Group Sampo Group Stora Enso Symrise Tchibo Trafigura Beheer Wihuri Group
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro (Hydro) Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson PNC Financial Services PSA Peugeot-Citroën Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Bank) Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
Poor, marginalised communities face land threats from mining, infrastructure, renewable energy - secure tenure rights urgently needed
Author: Rights and Resources Initiative (USA)
From Risk and Conflict to Peace and Prosperity - The Urgency of securing Community Land Rights in a Turbulent World, Feb. 2017...
IMF & World Bank launch platform to collaborate with developing countries on corporate tax avoidance
Author: Matti Kohonen, Christian Aid, on Bretton Woods Project
"World Bank and IMF: Where do they stand on progressive and responsible taxation?", 5 Aug 2016...
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 167 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China. The image shows the top 10 companies in the 2015 ranking - for the full ranking see...
Pakistan: Stora Enso blacklisted by pension fund over child labour concerns in its part-owned subsidiary, company says working to stamp out underage workers from supply chain
Author: YLE News
The Helsinki-based forestry giant, Stora Enso, has been blacklisted by a Swedish pension fund over concerns that the group has not acted to outlaw child labour from its supply chain...The group’s CEO, Karl-Henrik Sundström, said he was disappointed by...
- Related companies: Stora Enso