Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Finland
Stora Enso website: http://www.storaenso.com
List of large businesses & associations with public statements & endorsements in support of human rights due diligence regulation
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Large businesses (>1 bn € turnover) and associations with public statements and endorsements in support of mandatory human rights due diligence (non-comprehensive list), last updated 18 September 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: "S Group" Barry Callebaut BMW Coca-Cola Finland Daimler Fazer Group Firmenich Heineken IKEA Kesko KiK Mars Mercuria Energy Migros Mondelēz International Nestlé Netherlands Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Rabobank Sampo Group Stora Enso Tchibo Trafigura Beheer Wihuri Group
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson Peugeot (see PSA Peugeot-Citroën) PNC Financial Services Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Sodexo South32 (part of BHP Billiton) Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
Poor, marginalised communities face land threats from mining, infrastructure, renewable energy - secure tenure rights urgently needed
Author: Rights and Resources Initiative (USA)
From Risk and Conflict to Peace and Prosperity - The Urgency of securing Community Land Rights in a Turbulent World, Feb. 2017...
IMF & World Bank launch platform to collaborate with developing countries on corporate tax avoidance
Author: Matti Kohonen, Christian Aid, on Bretton Woods Project
"World Bank and IMF: Where do they stand on progressive and responsible taxation?", 5 Aug 2016...
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 100 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China.
Pakistan: Stora Enso blacklisted by pension fund over child labour concerns in its part-owned subsidiary, company says working to stamp out underage workers from supply chain
Author: YLE News
The Helsinki-based forestry giant, Stora Enso, has been blacklisted by a Swedish pension fund over concerns that the group has not acted to outlaw child labour from its supply chain...The group’s CEO, Karl-Henrik Sundström, said he was disappointed by...
- Related companies: Stora Enso
Author: Community Land Rights
Secon Meeting of the "Interlaken Group" March 19 - 20, 2014 London...The March 2014 meeting was the second session of a working group of representatives from leading companies, investors and NGOs…committed to addressing community land rights issues. A...
[PDF] Global Capital, Local Concessions: A Data-Driven Examination of Land Tenure Risk and Industrial Concessions in Emerging Market Economies
Author: Rights and Resources Initiative
Using geospatial data from 12 emerging market economies (EMEs), this analysis attempts to guide investors in emerging markets by shedding light on a difficult problem: overlapping land claims that diminish the value and viability of industrial...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Barrick Gold Fibria Glencore Hochschild Mining Indophil Resources McGraw Hill Rio Tinto Sagittarius Mines Inc (SMI) Standard & Poor's (part of S&P Global) Stora Enso Talisman Xstrata (part of Glencore)