Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Finland
Stora Enso website: http://www.storaenso.com
KnowTheChain assessed 39 of the largest publicly listed companies in the paper and forestry and home furnishing retail sectors on their efforts to address forced labour risks in their supply chains, based on publicly disclosed information. The findings...
- Related stories: KnowTheChain: Ranking companies' efforts to address forced labour in their supply chains
- Related companies: Aaron's Inc Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Bed Bath & Beyond Canfor Corporation Domtar Duratex SA Empresas CMPC Fibria Floor & Decor Holdings Inc Holmen Home Depot Home Product Center Public Company Limited Howden Joinery Group Plc International Paper Kingfisher Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing Limited Louisiana-Pacific Lowe's Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nine Dragons Paper Nippon Paper Industries Co Ltd Nitori Holdings Co Ltd Norbord Inc Oji Paper Sappi Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd Siam Global House Public Company Limited Stella-Jones Inc Stora Enso Suzano Papel e Celulose The Navigator Company SA UPM Via Varejo SA West Fraser Timber Co Ltd WestRock Weyerhaeuser Williams Sonoma
List of large businesses, associations & investors with public statements & endorsements in support of human rights due diligence regulation
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Large businesses (>1 bn € turnover) and associations with public statements and endorsements in support of mandatory human rights due diligence (non-comprehensive list), last updated 20 January 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
- Related companies: "S Group" Barry Callebaut BMW Cargill Coca-Cola Finland Daimler Danone Dormakaba Ericsson Fazer Group Ferrero Firmenich H&M Hapag-Lloyd Group Heineken Hershey IKEA Kesko KiK Mars Mercuria Energy Migros Mondelēz International Nestlé Nestlé Netherlands Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) PepsiCo Plus Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rabobank REWE-Group Sampo Group Stora Enso Symrise Tchibo Trafigura Beheer Wihuri Group
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson Peugeot (see PSA Peugeot-Citroën) PNC Financial Services Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Sodexo South32 (part of BHP Billiton) Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
Poor, marginalised communities face land threats from mining, infrastructure, renewable energy - secure tenure rights urgently needed
Author: Rights and Resources Initiative (USA)
From Risk and Conflict to Peace and Prosperity - The Urgency of securing Community Land Rights in a Turbulent World, Feb. 2017...
IMF & World Bank launch platform to collaborate with developing countries on corporate tax avoidance
Author: Matti Kohonen, Christian Aid, on Bretton Woods Project
"World Bank and IMF: Where do they stand on progressive and responsible taxation?", 5 Aug 2016...
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 100 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China.
Pakistan: Stora Enso blacklisted by pension fund over child labour concerns in its part-owned subsidiary, company says working to stamp out underage workers from supply chain
Author: YLE News
The Helsinki-based forestry giant, Stora Enso, has been blacklisted by a Swedish pension fund over concerns that the group has not acted to outlaw child labour from its supply chain...The group’s CEO, Karl-Henrik Sundström, said he was disappointed by...
- Related companies: Stora Enso
Author: Community Land Rights
Secon Meeting of the "Interlaken Group" March 19 - 20, 2014 London...The March 2014 meeting was the second session of a working group of representatives from leading companies, investors and NGOs…committed to addressing community land rights issues. A...