Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Norway
Storebrand website: http://www.storebrand.com
Author: Fair Action (Sweden), Fair Finance Guide International, The Future in Our Hands (Norway)
"Shareholders of H&M fail to take responsibility for garment workers’ wages", 31 January 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises Bangladesh: Widespread garment worker protests over minimum wage increase; leads to mass dismissals
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights Living wage
- Related companies: Danske Bank DnB NOR H&M Handelsbanken KappAhl KLP Forsikring Länsförsäkringar Lindex MQ Nordea Bank ODIN Fund Management (part of SpareBank1 Group) SEB Skandia SpareBank 1 Nord-Norge SpareBank 1 SMN SpareBank 1 SR-Bank SpareBank 1 Østlandet Storebrand Swedbank
Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
In February 2019, Fair Action released a report exploring, among other things, the role of Nordic banks (as shareholders) in holding H&M accountable to its promise to ensure living wages for garment workers in its supply chain by 2018, particula...
Author: Tulia Machado-Helland, Senior Legal Adviser ESG, Storebrand, Norway
Thank you for contacting us regarding the Fair Action's report on the garment industry in Bangladesh with focus on Nordic companies and banks....
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
- Related in-depth areas: Living wage
- This is a response from the following companies: H&M Storebrand
Storebrand drops 10 coal companies from pension fund in line with self-imposed climate change guidelines
"Storebrand says drops 10 coal firms from pension fund", 16 Nov 2017...
- Related stories: Global insurance cos & pension funds announce coal divestments amid urgent calls to address climate change
- Related companies: EDP (Energias de Portugal) Eskom Genting Group Kyushu Electric Origin Energy PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna Power Assets Holdings RWE Storebrand Tenaga Nasional Uniper
Author: World Wildlife Fund (Switzerland)
"Biggest EU investors are partly aligned with Paris Agreement but more efforts needed", 4 July 2017...
Author: Peter Bosshard, The Actuary
Walk the walk on climate change, 11 May 2017...
USA: 130 investors call on banks financing DAPL pipeline to address Sioux tribe's rights citing reputational & financial risks
Author: Boston Common Asset Management & 129 investors
"Investors Urge Banks to Support Re-routing Dakota Access Pipeline, Protect Water", 17 Feb 2017...
Author: Jennifer Kim, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
A new investment fund structured by JPMorgan Chase…and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will, for the first time, allow individual and institutional investors the opportunity to finance late-stage global health technologies that have the...
Author: Richard Milne, Financial Times
As [Norway's Oil Fund] grows ever greater in size...critics of its approach to ownership are growing...“I don’t think the fund has kept up to speed. You have a responsibility to be a responsible investor. Therefore, human rights need to have a bigger...
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor
Investors such as Norway’s KLP and Storebrand and asset managers Boston Common and Calvert have expressed mixed responses to draft proposals on the development of a new accounting standard for extractives activities. While broadly welcoming the...