Sun Capital Partners
Author: Rahman Jahangir, Financial Express [Bangladesh]
With Bangladesh taking charge of fire safety standards in readymade garment (RMG) factories due to mounting pressure of North American and European retailers, thousands of registered industrial units in 41 industrial sectors scattered across the...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fire at a food & cigarette packaging factory leaves 31 dead, 50 injured
- Related companies: Associated British Foods Matalan Sun Capital Partners Tampaco Foils Ltd
On 24 April 2013, Rana Plaza building collapse killed over 1100 garment workers and left 2000 injured. The second anniversary has seen NGOs and investors urge companies to address a 6$m shortfall in compensation for victims. Human Rights Watch ha...
Bangladesh: Matalan chooses not to donate to ILO-backed Rana Plaza compensation fund; says it has funded another scheme
Author: Guardian (UK)
"Matalan fails to contribute to Rana Plaza trust fund as deadline looms", 28 Jul 2014...
- Related in-depth areas: Rana Plaza building collapse, April 2013 The Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - one year on
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) C&A Debenhams Gap H&M Inditex Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun Capital Partners Walmart Zara (part of Inditex)
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
The following brands have yet to publicly commit to the Rana Plaza Donors Trust Fund despite having had links to a factory in the building Adler Modemärkte, Kids for Fashion, Ascena Retail, Manifattura Corona, Auchan, Matalan, Benetton, NKD, Carrefour,...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Survivors and families of victims of Rana Plaza building collapse began receiving compensation
- Related companies: ASDA (part of Walmart) Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Carrefour Cato Children's Place Corona El Corte Inglés Inditex J.C. Penney KiK Loblaw Companies Mango Matalan Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun Capital Partners Walmart Zee
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
Bonmarche (UK) and Camaieu (France)...confirmed...contributions, which will be used to cover claims for losses made by survivors of the Rana Plaza disaster and by the families of those killed under a process known as the Arrangement. Camaieu and...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Labour rights organizations launch online petition calling on brands to pay compensation before anniversary of Rana Plaza building collapse
- Related companies: Associated British Foods Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) El Corte Inglés Loblaw Companies Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Sun Capital Partners
Author: Steven Greenhouse, New York Times
Eight months after the Rana Plaza factory building collapsed in Bangladesh, killing more than 1,100 workers and leaving hundreds of families bereft and financially adrift, several prominent retailers and labor groups have joined with the Bangladesh...