Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Canada
Author: Globe and Mail
Results of Globe & Mail / Jantzi Research survey of oil & gas sector. Compares social & environmental performance of the following companies, listed from highest score to lowest: Petro-Canada, Suncor Energy, Nexen, Shell Canada, Syncrude,...
Author: Bill Baue, SocialFunds.com
Toronto-based socially responsible investing (SRI) research firm Jantzi Research recently released a report entitled Oil and Gas in a Bull Market: The Shifting Sands of Responsibility that rates and ranks 23 oil and gas companies on their social and...
...this white paper aims to: Explore the expectations of stakeholders with regard to corporate reporting on human rights; Investigate trends in reporting around specific human rights issues; Examine the current state of corporate reporting on human...
- Related companies: adidas Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Anglo American Baxter International BHP Billiton BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Chiquita Diageo Ford Gap General Motors Natura Nestlé Nike Novartis Novo Group Premier Oil Procter & Gamble Reebok (part of adidas) Rio Tinto SABMiller Shell Starbucks Statoil Suncor Tata Group Total Unilever Volkswagen
Author: Matt Crenson, AP
For nearly half a century, their land [on the the Aamjiwnaang First Nation Reserve] has been almost completely surrounded by Canada's largest concentration of petrochemical manufacturing... The Aamjiwnaang are getting increasingly worried and...
- Related companies: Suncor
Author: SustainAbility, UNEP, Standard & Poor's
[Top 50 companies (highest scoring first): Co-operative Financial Services (part of Co-operative Group), Novo Nordisk, BP, British American Tobacco, BT Group, British Airports Authority (BAA), Rabobank, Rio Tinto, Shell, HP, Unilever, Anglo American,...
- Related stories: 2004 survey of corporate non-financial reporting, by SustainAbility, UNEP, Standard & Poor's (highest scoring companies: Co-operative Financial Services, Novo Nordisk, BP)
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories ABN Amro adidas AEON Agilent Technologies Alcoa Allianz Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Aracruz Celulose Autostrade Aventis (now part of Sanofi-Aventis) Barclays BASF Baxter International BC Hydro BHP Billiton BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British Airports Authority (BAA) British Airways British American Tobacco Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Camelot Canon Carrefour Chiquita City West Water Co-operative Group DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Daiwa Securities Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Endesa (part of Enel) Eroski Ford Fuji Photo Film Fuji Xerox (joint venture Fuji Photo Film & Xerox) Gap Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hydro-Québec IBM ING Intel Ito-Yokado KarstadtQuelle Kesko Lafarge Manaaki Whenua Matsushita (now Panasonic) Merloni Elettrodomestici Mirant mmo2 (now O2) MTN MTR Natura Nippon Oil Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes Old Mutual PotashCorp Premier Oil Rabobank Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller Sasol Severn Trent Shell Sony Starbucks Statoil Suez Suncor Swiss Re Talisman Tata Group Tata Iron and Steel (TISCO) (part of Tata Group) Telecom Italia Tesco Total Toyota Unilever United Utilities VanCity Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Vodafone Volkswagen Watercare Services Westpac Weyerhaeuser Xerox
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
...Shell and BP remain two of the top overall CSR performers in Innovest's recent integrated oil and gas industry report, along with Suncor, illustrating how strong CSR performance encompasses a broad range of activities. CSR laggards identified by...
Author: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants & CorporateRegister.com
While significant growth continues in individual regions, evidence suggests that globally the number reporting is levelling off...[P]ressure on companies to report is increasing...There has been a marked decline in the rate of take-up, however, and it...
- Related stories: Global survey by Assoc. of Chartered Certified Accountants & CorporateRegister.com finds most businesses do not report adequately on sustainability
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Aviva Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) City West Water Hartmann Morley Fund Management (part of Aviva) Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Sony Suncor
Author: Frans van der Woerd, David Levy & Katie Begg (eds.), Greener Management International: The Journal of Corporate Environmental Strategy and Practice (no. 39)
includes chapters on: "An Overview of Corporate Strategies" [refers to BP, Lafarge, General Motors, DuPont, Boeing, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Shell, United Technologies, Whirlpool, Deutsche Telekom, Gerling Group, Munich Re, Ford, Coca-Cola, Alcan,...
- Related companies: AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) American Electric Power Bank of America Baxter International Boeing BP Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Chevron Chugoku Electric Power Coca-Cola Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom DuPont Electrabel Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Entergy ExxonMobil Ford Fortum Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors Gerling Group IBM ING Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Lafarge MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Motorola Munich Re Nike Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Rabobank RWE Shell Shikoku Electric Power ST Microelectronics Statoil Stora Enso Suncor Swiss Re Temple-Inland Tohoku Electric Power Total TransAlta UBS United Technologies Whirlpool