Headquarters in USA
Better Buying releases 2019 index report, based on supplier evaluations of textile companies' purchasing practices
Author: Better Buying
"Better Buying Index Report, 2019", 3 September 2019...
- Related companies: adidas AMES Australasia Bass Pro Shops Benetton Bestseller Blancheporte Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Brooks Running (Brooks Sports, Inc.) Burberry Carrefour Cato Celio Sourcing Ltd Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Debenhams Destination Maternity Edinburgh Woollen Mill Eileen Fisher Expresso Fashion Fashion Pool GmbH Frankonia Handels GmbH & Co. KG G-Star Raw Helly Hansen HEMA Hobbs Hugo Boss J.Crew John Lewis Partnership JP Boden & Co Just Brands Karen Millen Kmart Australia (part of Wesfarmers) Kroger Levi Strauss LPP Spółka Akcyjna Mammut Sports Group Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op Nike No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom O'Neill Otto Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Rapha Racing Reiss Rohan Schijvens Confectiefabriek Hilvarenbeek B.V. Seasalt Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Suitsupply Talbots Target Tesco The Iconic The White Company TJX Uber A/S Under Armour Vetta VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates WE Fashion Whistles White Stuff Wilson
Suppliers evaluate textile companies' responsible purchasing practices in Better Buying Purchasing Practices Index Report
Author: Better Buying
Better Buying Index Report Spring 2018, 22 May 2018...
- Related companies: 360 Sweater Company Abercrombie & Fitch American Eagle Outfitters Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Burberry C&A Canada Pooch Cato Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Children's Place Debenhams Destination Maternity Dimensions (part of Tailored Brands) Edinburgh Woollen Mill Fashion Pool GmbH Fenix Group Gap Giorgio Armani Hakro Hanes (part of Hanesbrands) Helly Hansen Hobbs House of Fraser Inditex J. Crew J.C. Penney JP Boden & Co Karen Millen Kate Spade & Company Kohl's L.L.Bean Levi Strauss Macy's Mammut Sports Group Mark's/L'Équipeur Work Wearhouse (part of Canadian Tire) Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Pretty Green PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Rapha Racing Reiss Sainsbury's Sportsgirl Strategic Partners Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Talbots Target Tesco The White Company Tommy Bahama Group Uber A/S Urban Outfitters VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates Walmart Whistles White Stuff
Jordan’s garment sector is booming, driven by a free trade agreement with the United States and cheap migrant labour from South and Southeast Asia. Historically the situation of these vulnerable workers has been dire and although there have been some ...
Response by Talbots: Talbots supplier Ocean Sky accused of forced overtime, filthy drinking water, poverty wages.
- Related in-depth areas: Ocean Sky El Salvador - report on working conditions & company responses, Jan 2011
- This is a response from the following companies: Talbots
Author: National Labor Committee [USA]
Women at the Ocean Sky sweatshop in El Salvador are paid just eight cents for each $25 NFL T-shirt...Workers [on] NFL, Reebok [part of Adidas], Puma, Old Navy (GAP), Columbia, Talbots and Penguin (Munsingwear) [part of Perry Ellis] are drenched in...
Author: Nikki F. Bas, Sweatshop Watch; Medea Benjamin, Global Exchange; Joannie C. Chang, Asian Law Caucus
This month, the last of three lawsuits over sweatshop conditions on the U.S. island of Saipan came to a close...While the settlement is viewed as a significant victory, several challenges emerged, which lend valuable lessons for future anti-sweatshop...
- Related stories: U.S. apparel cos. lawsuit (re Saipan)
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Banana Republic (part of Gap) Brooks Brothers Brylane (part of Pinault Printemps-Redoute) Calvin Klein (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Charming Shoppes Cutter & Buck Donna Karan Gap Gymboree J.C. Penney J.Crew Jones Group Lane Bryant (part of Charming Shoppes) Levi Strauss Limited Brands Liz Claiborne Marshall Fields (part of May Department Stores) May Department Stores Mervyn's Nordstrom Old Navy (part of Gap) Oshkosh B'Gosh Phillips-Van Heusen Polo Ralph Lauren PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) PricewaterhouseCoopers Sears Talbots Tommy Hilfiger (part of Phillips-Van Heusen) Warnaco Woolrich