Tate & Lyle
Tate & Lyle website: http://www.tateandlyle.co.uk
Cambodia: About 100 community representatives seek intervention for their compensation from a UK company - Tate & Lyle
Author: Sokun Khut, VOD
"Villagers Accuse UK Firm of Failing to Pay Compensation in Sugar Dispute", 26 December 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Villagers reject Tate & Lyle Sugar’s latest offer to settle UK lawsuit; company resigns from Bonsucro due to same lawsuit Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia)
- Related companies: Khon Kaen Sugar Koh Kong Sugar Industry Co., Ltd. & Koh Kong Plantation Co.,Ltd. Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining)
Author: Tomaso Ferrando
"Land Rights at the Time of Global Production: Leveraging Multi-Spatiality and 'Legal Chokeholds'," 17 July 2017...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 2, Issue 2)
- Related companies: Khon Kaen Sugar Koh Kong Sugar Industry Co., Ltd. & Koh Kong Plantation Co.,Ltd. Tate & Lyle
Author: Francisco Javier Zamora Cabot, Catedrático de Derecho internacional privado, Universidad Jaume I de Castellón
"Desarrollo sostenible y empresas multinacionales: Un estudio sobre los acaparamientos de tierra (land grabbings) en clave de responsabilidad", 2015...
- Related companies: ANZ Bank Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Daimler Goldcorp (now Newmont) HKND Group Hudbay Minerals Infinito Gold Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont (formerly Newmont Goldcorp) Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Tate & Lyle
Cambodia: Evictees in land dispute claim Thai company made them sign compensation agreements they can’t read – includes company comments
Author: Aun Pheap & Zsombor Peter, Cambodia Daily
“Evictees Sign Payout Deal They Can’t Read”, 27 October 2014...
Author: Michael Peel, Financial Times
A petition to be filed at The Hague on Tuesday against a group of politicians, security chiefs and business magnates in the southeast Asian country raises the stakes for land disputes by arguing that systematic illegal seizures can be a crime against...
- Related stories: Cambodian villagers’ Intl. Criminal Court complaint (re land grabbing) Cambodians file claim before Intl. Criminal Court alleging widespread & systematic land seizures by govt. & govt-linked businesses amount to crime against humanity Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Show moreShow less
- Related companies: American Sugar Refining Coca-Cola Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining)
Author: Mu Sochua, Member of Parliament in Phnom Penh Post (Cambodia)
…Cambodia is facing a human-rights crisis in the form of land grabbing and often-violent forced evictions by sugarcane plantations whose crops are destined for the United Kingdom and elsewhere in the European Union. As a consequence of the EU’s...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to the 11th issue of the Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin. To assist all those following corporate legal accountability issues, we send this bulletin to highlight key developments, new cases profiled on our site, updates to...
- Related stories: Aerial spraying ban lawsuit (re banana companies in Philippines) Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) AngloGold Ashanti silicosis lawsuit (So. Africa) Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Argor-Heraeus investigation (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin – Issue 11, December 2013 Hudbay Minerals lawsuits (re Guatemala) Kaweri Coffee (part of Neumann Gruppe) lawsuit (re forced eviction in Uganda) KBR lawsuit (re human trafficking in Iraq) Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Nestlé lawsuit (re Colombia) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Texaco/Chevron lawsuits (re Ecuador) US Deepwater Horizon explosion & oil spill lawsuits Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Update Latest Legal News
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Argor-Heraeus BP Bull (part of Atos) CACI Chevron Ford Gold Fields Harmony Gold Hudbay Minerals IBM Kaweri (part of Neumann Gruppe) KBR L-3 Communications L-3 Titan (part of L-3 Communications) Neumann Gruppe Talisman (part of Repsol) Tate & Lyle Texaco (part of Chevron) Titan (now L-3 Titan) Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev)
Author: Sudeep Chakravarti, Livemint.com (India)
Strategic lawsuits against public participation, or SLAPP, is one of several retaliatory mechanisms increasingly used against defenders of human rights…The Resource Centre discusses these and other matters and provides a global situation report in its...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Daimler lawsuit (re Argentina) Danzer Group & SIFORCO lawsuits (re Dem. Rep. Congo) Ford lawsuit (re Argentina) Gold miner silicosis litigation (re So. Africa) Koh Kong sugar plantation lawsuits (re Cambodia) Matanza Riachuelo lawsuit (re Argentina) Shell/BASF lawsuit (re Brazil) Strategic lawsuits against public participation increasingly used by companies to silence human rights defenders, says journalist Union Carbide/Dow lawsuit (re Bhopal) Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: adidas American Sugar Refining Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) BASF China Minmetals Daimler Danzer Dow Chemical Ford Lonmin Shell Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining) Union Carbide (part of Dow) Vedanta Resources Vinci
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The goal of the Annual Briefing is to help a wide audience understand what has been happening in different parts of the world. First, it examines global trends in corporate legal accountability such as barriers to accessing judicial remedies;...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its second annual briefing on corporate legal accountability Strategic lawsuits against public participation increasingly used by companies to silence human rights defenders, says journalist
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Academi (formerly Blackwater) adidas African Barrick Gold (now Acacia) Alstom American Sugar Refining AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Apple Arab Bank Barrick Gold BASF Blackwater Boliden BP CACI Chevron Chiquita Compagnie Minière de l'Ogooué (COMILOG) (part of ERAMET) Daimler Danzer Dow Chemical Drummond ERAMET ExxonMobil Ford Global Horizons Google (part of Alphabet) Hudbay Minerals IBM KBR Kenya Pipeline Company Ko Kong Sugar Lonmin Microsoft Nestlé Paltalk (part of AVM Software) Qosmos Rio Tinto Riwal Shell Signal International SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer) Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining) Trafigura Beheer Vedanta Resources Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev) Vinci