Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Canada
Supporter of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
Teck Resources was known as Teck Cominco until October 2008.
Author: Intl. Council on Mining & Metals
...ICMM member companies commit to actively support or help develop partnerships...with the aim of enhancing the social and economic contribution of mining... [M]ember companies will...:...
- Related stories: Intl. Council on Mining & Metals member firms commit to partnerships for poverty reduction
- Related companies: African Barrick Gold African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BHP Billiton China Minmetals Freeport-McMoRan Gold Fields Goldcorp Lonmin Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Newmont Nippon Mining Nippon Mining & Metals (part of Nippon Mining) Rio Tinto Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Metal Mining (part of Sumitomo Group) Teck Resources Vale Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
Author: Milagros Salazar, IPS news
Las grandes empresas mineras que operan en Perú han multiplicado sus ganancias y aún así siguen beneficiándose de la exoneración del pago de regalías y del impuesto a la renta...Un ejemplo...es el de la empresa Antamina [consorcio conformado por BHP...
- Related stories: Peru: Experts oppose tax free status of 10 mining companies that cost govt. millions in lost revenue
- Related companies: Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Mitsubishi Group Newmont Goldcorp Teck Resources Volcán, Compañía Minera Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Yereth Rosen, Reuters
Zinc producer Teck Cominco Ltd has agreed to pay up to $120 million for a wastewater pipeline to settle a lawsuit by Inupiat Eskimo villagers who claimed mine pollution was fouling their drinking water and the fish that are a staple of their diet. The...
Author: James Vicini, Reuters
The Supreme Court declined Monday to hear an appeal by Canadian mining company Teck Cominco Ltd of a ruling that an American environmental law applies to a foreign company when some of its pollution reaches U.S. territory... The Canadian government,...
- Related companies: Teck Resources
Author: Intl. Council on Mining & Metals (ICMM)
ICMM has made a third submission to the Special Representative of the UN Secretary General (SRSG) on Human Rights and Business. Each of the recommendations in ICMM’s third submission to the Special Representative of the UN Secretary General (SRSG) on...
[PDF] full report: "World Investment Report - Transnational Corporations, Extractive Industries and Development"
Author: UN Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD)
The World Investment Report 2007 focuses on the role of transnational corporations in extractive industries... Transnational corporations can bring in the finance and management skills [poor] economies need... But as we know, the extraction of natural...
- Related stories: UNCTAD 2007 World Investment Report focuses on extractive firms' impacts on development
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese Investment Overseas Latin American region Natural Resources
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Alrosa (Almazy Rossii Sakha) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta Barrick Gold BCL BHP Billiton BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Codelco Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (now Vale) ConocoPhillips De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Eni ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Gazprom Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Inco (part of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce) INPEX Kelian Equatorial Mining (part of Rio Tinto) Lukoil Newmont Norilsk Nickel Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petrobras PetroChina Petronas Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Repsol YPF Rio Tinto Shell Sinopec Sonatrach Statoil Tatneft Teck Resources Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Xstrata (now part of Glencore)
Author: Globe and Mail [Canada]
[Results of Globe & Mail / Jantzi Research survey of mining sector. Compares social & environmental performance of the following companies, listed from highest score to lowest: Alcan, Barrick, Cameco, Teck Cominco, Inmet Mining, Kinross Gold,...
Author: Presse Canadienne
Un tribunal fédéral d'appel a conclu lundi qu'une poursuite environnementale contre Teck Cominco pouvait aller de l'avant. La poursuite contre l'entreprise canadienne a été déposée par deux membres des Tribus confédérées de Colville. Selon eux, la...
- Related companies: Teck Resources