Textron website: http://www.textron.com
Environmental Fiduciary: The Case for Incorporating Environmental Factors into Investment Management Policies
Author: Susannah Blake Goodman, Jonas Kron & Tim Little, The Rose Foundation for Communities and the Environment
In this report, we show that fiduciaries who manage funds for institutional investors such as pension funds, foundations and charitable trusts should incorporate environmental factors into their portfolio management policies. [includes reference to...
- Related companies: Bank of America Baxter International Chevron Coca-Cola Corning Deutsche Telekom DuPont Ford General Motors Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) IBM ITT Industries Marathon Oil Nestlé Nike Smithfield Foods ST Microelectronics Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) Textron Weyerhaeuser Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon)
Author: Amnesty International
As this study shows, the governments of the G8 authorize unparalleled levels of arms and related assistance to the world's armed forces and law enforcement agencies, but often to those who persistently commit gross human rights violations - equipping...
- Related stories: G8 Arms Exports & Human Rights Violations (Amnesty International)
- Related companies: Air Cess BAE Systems Bell Helicopter (part of Textron) Boeing Bombardier Booz Allen Hamilton Brenco International Carl Walther Carlyle Group Diehl DynCorp Eclats Antivols Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Fiat (part of Fiat Chrysler) Finmeccanica Fritz Werner Company Gazprom General Dynamics General Motors Giat (now Nexter) Heckler & Koch Kawasaki Heavy Industries Mauser-Werke (part of Rheinmetall Group) MPRI (part of L-3 Communications) New Gomair Nico-Pyrotechnik Nortel Networks Panhard Planetair Pratt and Whitney (part of United Technologies) R-Plus Rheinmetall Rivolier Smith and Wesson ST Kinetics (Singapore Technologies Kinetics, part of ST Engineering) Suburban Guns Textron Thyssen Henschel United Technologies Vinnell (part of Northrop Grumman)
Author: Sandy Smith, Occupational Hazards [USA]
The 16 diverse companies named by Occupational Hazards as the 2004 America's Safest Companies share dedication to safe work, healthy workers...The 2004 America's Safest Companies are Anheuser-Busch, Bell Helicopter [part of Textron], DeFabCo, DSM...
- Related companies: Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Bell Helicopter (part of Textron) DeFabCo DSM Energy Northwest Ford, Bacon & Davis Freudenberg Freudenberg-NOK (joint venture Freudenberg & NOK) Inland Printing L'Oreal Milliken Monsanto (part of Bayer) NOK Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Texas Instruments Textron Washington Group
Author: Political Economy Research Institute (PERI), Univ. of Massachusetts [USA]
1. E. I. Du Pont de Nemours [DuPont], 2. United States Steel , 3. ConocoPhillips, 4. General Electric , 5. Eastman Kodak, 6. Exxon Mobil, 7. Ford , 8. Tyson Foods, 9. Alcoa, 10. Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), 11. Dow Chemical, 12. Eastman Chemical, 13....
- Related companies: 3M AES AK Steel Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allegheny Technologies Altria Ameren American Electric Power Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Ball Corp. BD (Becton, Dickinson) Berkshire Hathaway Boeing Brunswick Chevron Cinergy (now Duke Energy) ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Corning Crown Holdings Dana Danaher Delphi Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak El Paso Energy Emerson Electric Engelhard (part of BASF) Exelon ExxonMobil Federal-Mogul FirstEnergy Ford General Electric General Motors Georgia-Pacific (part of Koch Industries) Goodrich Goodyear Great Lakes Chemical Harley-Davidson Heartland Industrial Partners Hercules Hess Corporation Honeywell ICI Illinois Tool Works International Paper John Deere Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) Kimberly-Clark Lear Leggett & Platt Lyondell (part of Access Industries) Marathon Oil MeadWestvaco Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Northrop Grumman Nucor Occidental Petroleum Owens Corning Pfizer Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Plum Creek PPG Praxair Premcor (part of Valero Energy) Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group Reliant Energy Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Rowan Companies Shaw Group Smurfit-Stone Southern Company Stanley Works Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) TECO Energy Temple-Inland Tesoro Textron Tyco Tyson United States Steel United Technologies Valero Energy Visteon Weyerhaeuser Xcel Energy
Author: Associated Press
In a victory for advocates of "socially responsible" investment, one of the world's largest pension funds said Friday it has dumped its stock holdings in companies that make land mines...In addition, the Netherlands' ABP said in a statement it will...
[PDF] full report: “The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2006-2007”
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and their families are valued in the American workplace now more than ever before. And inclusive non-discrimination policies and benefits for GLBT employees and their families are essential for...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign reports major increase in workplace protections for gay, transgender employees
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products AK Steel Albertsons Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power American Express AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Asbury Automotive Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals AT&T AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avis Budget Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BJ's Wholesale Club Blockbuster Bluelinx BNY Mellon Boeing Borders Group BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Caterpillar CBS CenterPoint Energy Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Circuit City Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Cosco Costco Cox Enterprises CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Family Dollar Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hershey Hilton Home Depot Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kelly Services Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) KeySpan Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (part of Kinder Morgan Inc.) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel Maytag McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publix R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeco Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sanmina-SCI Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Standard Pacific (now CalAtlantic Group) Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron TIAA-CREF Time Warner TJX Toll Brothers Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies UnumProvident UPS US Airways US Bancorp USAA Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!
Author: Danske Bank
Blacklist: Aerostar, Alliant, Avichina, Dongfeng, General Dynamics, Hanwha, L-3 Communications, Lockheed Martin, Nissan, Poongsan Corporation, Raytheon, Singapore Tech., Textron [includes reasons for divestment]
- Related stories: Danske Bank divests from 13 companies on ethical grounds
- Related companies: Aerostar International (part of Raven Industries) Alliant Techsystems AviChina lndustry & Technology Danske Bank Dongfeng Motor General Dynamics Hanwha L-3 Communications Lockheed Martin Nissan Poongsan Raytheon ST Engineering (Singapore Technologies Engineering) Textron
Author: Vibeke Laroi, Meera Bhatia, Bloomberg
Norway excluded Textron Inc. and Canadian miner Barrick Gold Corp. from its oil fund, citing the production of cluster weapons and environmental concerns...“We share in the international community’s goal of limiting the impact of war, particularly...