Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in France
Author: MSN News
"Factory in Poland making our Blue Brexit passports 'feels like a prison': Workers reveal poor conditions and wages of just £400 a month after Home Office decided documents should be made abroad", 12 Jan 2020...
- Related companies: Thales
Amnesty International report finds arms companies failing to address human rights risks; incl. co comments
The defence sector plays an important yet often overlooked role in the supply of military goods and services to countries involved in committing human rights violations, argues Amnesty International. For their report "Outsourcing Responsibilty", the...
Author: Sophie Rolland, Les Echos (France)
Pour investir dans les entreprises les plus respectueuses de l'environnement, les grands fonds de pension, gestionnaires d'actifs, ou assureurs ont besoin de données fiables et comparables. Le sujet n'est pas nouveau. Depuis 2003, une organisation non...
- Related stories: Les entreprises admettent que les changements climatiques vont avoir un effet négatif sur leurs affaires, mais certaines manquent de transparence sur leur propre impact, selon le dernier rapport de CDP
- Related companies: Alibaba.com Amazon.com BP Carrefour Chevron Chipotle Dior (part of LVMH) EDF Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Esso (part of ExxonMobil) ExxonMobil Groupe BPCE Hermès Leclerc LVMH Pernod Ricard Qantas Airways Renault Suez Thales Unilever Volvo Group
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Thales to respond, it did not.
- Related stories: Major news organisations and business leaders withdraw from Saudi investment conference over missing journalist
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- This is a non response from the following companies: Thales
Thales is very concerned by the protection of Human Right. Moreover, Thales fully complies with the French, European and US regulations on export control. The Group fully supports the UN Arms Trade Treaty. All these regulations include the Human Right...
- Related stories: NGOs accuse French companies of contributing to state repression in Egypt, mixed response from companies
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights
- This is a response from the following companies: Thales
NGOs accuse French companies of contributing to state repression in Egypt, mixed response from companies
In July 2018, a group of international, French, and Egyptian NGOs published a report accusing several French companies of profiting from Egypt's military crackdown on dissent. According to the report, these companies have "participated in the bloody...